AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

New to Audi......

Hi folks, I'm new to the Audi scene having just bought a brand new A3 Sportback Technik last week.

I've moved over from a 2009 Madza 6 sport, so finding the lack of toys a bit of a bummer. To add salt to the wound, the car is back in the garage after 6 days with an oil leak, however the customer service so far has been good. Not sure if its just a seal problem or something bigger. Time will tell after the seal is replaced!

One thing which is annoying, and I've spoke with Audi over this, is the lack of option to retro-fit the navigation plus system. I have had a look on here and see the various steps people have taken, however there isn't any details of a job similar to my request. As such, can anyone offer some advice............

I currently have the Audi Conncert III cd player in my 2011 A3. It has Ipod dock, voice control and bluetooth.

Can I put in an RNS-E?

If I can, will (or how can) I retain the Ipod, voice and bluetooth.

I hope you can help, please fogive me if this has been asked before. I'm a bit of a technophobe and have been looking at this site since lunch time!!

Thanks in advance. A great forum I expect to make plenty use of.
    Cheers
    D

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah you can retrofit an RNS-E. The bluetooth and voice modules are seperate from the actual head unit, so they will work on the RNS-E as they wont be removed at all.
    I bought my RNS-E from ebay, around £400 I think from Romania. It was a straight swap with the Concert radio I had. Only had to install the GPS reciever but thats simple enough anyway.

MPG the new BPH

Status
    welcome mate

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

6th Gear

Status
    Welcome to the site
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm

2nd Gear

Status
    PM NHN,

He has all the knowledge in the world about your enquiry!

And welcome to the forum decal

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replies guys, I'll pm NHN