Heated front and rear seats

Adamantium

Reaction score
Hi all, am in the Process of this retrofit and just looking for a little help. I've not yet installed the rear seats, will worry about heating the fronts later. I've figured out the rear loom I have which I bought from kufatec. Everything plugs in fine but I have three spare cables. The looms don't connect to anything else except the seats and the switch panel behind the handbrake. I figure they are switched live, earth ( that ones obvious) and illumination. I'm just wondering where to get a switched live cable of the current load and an illuminationfrom in the vicinity if the handbrake.

Am guessing the cigarette lighter is a good option but these wires are pretermibated with pubs that are intended to populate an existing multiplug.

Any ideas?

If you go through elsawin, it will clearly show you where they connect, they dont use the 12v socket & I certainly wouldnt advise using that either, do it properly as it is a fair current wire which I hope kufatec supplied to handle the load.

Thanks Nigel.

Elsawin on it's way.

They did send a fairly chunky wire but I'm not sur it's long enough to go to the fusebox.

well it tusn out it is.

I have no idea if the kufatec set up will do the job, but I imagine it will. It certainly looks up to the task!

With the writing for the front seats they have provided a very clear pin out listing for the terminals on the back of the climate control (all connectors C and D), as well as a separate dedicated permanent live feed.

The rear seats is an easy three wire set up which I'll test outside the car first.

Very pleased with the simplicity and is going to make for an easy retrofit.

Don't think I'd be so pleased if I had to source the rear heated seat control panel!

Just remember if its the proper kit, it has a seat occupancy sensor to make the heated elements work, so of course you need to apply pressure to activate them.

Nigel you are a fountain of knowledge.

I haven't seen a seat occupancy sensor type plug such as is uses in the airbag system (the yellow type) but given the number of additional cables I didn't expect in the multiplug in the rear seat bases themselves, it would be consistent with what you are saying.

The cabling may not be original (being a kufatec retrofit) but the seats are certainly OE equipment sourced from a damaged car. The kufatec wiring engages perfectly wire for wire with the stock cabling, so it looks as though they have that covered.

Thanks so much for pointing that out, I almost certainly would have applied no pressure to the seat and assumed they were broken or wrongly wired!

The sensor & wiring for are within the seat if they came heated, so you wont see it.

Yep, both hidden.

Seat back doesn't have a pressure sensor as only two wires per side.

Seat base definitely has plenty going on but as you say - hidden.

Hey guys, ive just sourced some heated rear seat elements with complete wiring, ive read through the thread for some advice but no solid answers, theres 3 grey wires without a plug, i believe one is a live and one is a gnd and one says something like J519 or something, does anyone know where the third grey wire goes into the control module? What port etc? Forgive me for sounding stupid :concern:
Cheers
Hassan