EASIEST WAY TO DE-BADGE MY A3

nick2107

Reaction score
Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
hi guys ive just got my new a3 my61....... cant understand whilst it took me so long to move to audi but im glad i have.
im thinking of removing the a3 and the tdi badges. which is the best way to do so without causing any damage ?

Get a hairdryer and gently heat up the badges, then just pull them off with your fingers. You can then use IPA or sticky stuff remover (halfords) to get rid of the residue :happy: Then just finish off by polishing it.

Yup, I heated mine with a hairdryer then slid dental floss in behind to remove. I had loads of sticky stuff left but I just used the hairdryer and removed with my fingers then a good polish to finish off. Piece of weewee.

Pour freshly boiled water slowly over the badges then peel off. Use Autoglym tar remover to remove glue. Then polish....

Pour freshly boiled water slowly over the badges then peel off. Use Autoglym tar remover to remove glue. Then polish....

Autoglym tar remover is useless for sticky residue! That's what I tried, before I resorted to IPA. But the freshly boiled water trick works a dream :yes:

Same as above used a hairdryer and a 8lb fishing line and some tardus to remove the remaining residue...

Reactions: S.
Like above, I used a hairdryer and fishing line when I did my old A3; tar/insect remover to carefully remove the remaining adhesive.

Just remember when using the hairdryer, that localised heat is used in paintless dent removal - so if you get it too hot you could affect the paint/lacquer. I'm not sure pouring freshly boiled water over anything except the dry ingredients for a brew is all that great an idea, but to each his own...

R

Like above, I used a hairdryer and fishing line when I did my old A3; tar/insect remover to carefully remove the remaining adhesive.

Just remember when using the hairdryer, that localised heat is used in paintless dent removal - so if you get it too hot you could affect the paint/lacquer. I'm not sure pouring freshly boiled water over anything except the dry ingredients for a brew is all that great an idea, but to each his own...

R
Pouring freshly boiled water over the badge is less likely to cause damage to paint or lacquer than localised heating of the area. Petrol works great to remove glue residue but your cheaper with tar remover now. :eyebrows:

hi guys ive just got my new a3 my61....... cant understand whilst it took me so long to move to audi but im glad i have.

im thinking of removing the a3 and the tdi badges. which is the best way to do so without causing any damage ?

I'm guessing you've already de-badged your car by now looking at the date. But just in case anyone else reads this thread I de-badged by Audi A4 sticker today on my lunch break. It was really straight forward and took about 30 minutes.

It was cold damp weather, and I didn't need to heat the badge or use any form or heat gun or hairdryer.

All I did... Bought some sticker remover from Halfords (Sticky Stuff) which is like a gel. Sprayed it onto the badge, left it for 5 minutes and worked them off with dental floss. After i'd removed the badges I sprayed some more sticky stuff on the adhesive that was left over and work at it for 15 minutes or so with a credit card until it was all removed. It may take a few sprays, a fingernail and a credit card but if you work at it it will come off. There was no scratches left or discolouring but I did give it a good polishing afterwards with a microfibre cloth.

I was worried because it was cold that it might not work but using Sticky Stuff, dental floss, a credit card and some time they will come off quite easily.

You dont need a hut gun, hairdryer or fancy polishing tools in my opinion. But if you have them use them I suppose.

Here she is
DSI1031.JPG

Spray the badge with WD40, it will soften (melt..) the tape then using dental floss you'll be able to slice it off. When using the floss or fishing line pull/slice towards the badge, not down the paint (not sure if I make sense there). When the badge is off a little more WD40 will help clean up the adhesive residue.

Reactions: chris11122
I used boiled water and gently removed them with a plastic card, then used a micro fibre cloth and WD40 to remove the left over residue... But I guess this is not the best way