Chris NottSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

New lip and some LEDs installed...

Ok, a while ago I posted a link in the eBay thread and I promised some pics and an update, so here are some crappy iPhone pics for now...

The lip was a PITA to install, with all the curves in the bumper and all, but does look pretty decent. Sadly it did require some self taping screws to be drilled into the bumper... Double sided tape just didnt cut it since it did not appear to want to adhere to the lip itself. It looks ok overall if maybe not as good as the cupra one.

Tomorrow I will be working on how to make he ends look a bit better... They are not exactly as well trimmed as the oem lip...

And also the LEDs... They are a very tight fit. Debating doing some plastic surgery on the back panels in the fog grills.

They were easy to install and all I did was run a wire to he sidemarkers and literally jam it in with the bulb. No error lights and they come on when I turn on the position lights. As for brightness I would give them about 70% as bright as oem in daylight, but night time they are just as bright.

2. # ADS
    ADS

REVOlutionary

Status
    I thinks it look quite good for a universal splitter and looks well fittedHow long did you work on it???
    agree that the cupra splitter may look better but it does not fit on the 8p3 bumper
    how have you fitted it then rivets and glue? was it difficult to follow the lines of the bumper in the centre? although i believe your 8p2 bumper is more flat compared to the 8p3 bumper so i am going to look at this tommorow may put it on the ramp to save time
    going to attempt this tommorow hopefully
    Swap
    2008- A3 Sportback/5 door rear black edition bumper with parking holes
    Will swap with no holes sline bumper preferably white

2nd Gear

Status
    It was not very easy, but not horrible either. Took me over an hour because I had to make a couple of trips to the store... It's attached with self tapping trim screws only, mine could have been better, but I rushed it a bit.

I find the trick is that if you screw it in too close to the bend in the strip, it creates a bit of a bulge on the outside. Just barely visible. To curve it and bend it you have to make incisions on the part that ataches go the bumper or the whole thing ripples. When I tried double sided tape, it wouldn't adhere to the trim, it would attach to the bumper but the trim would just fall right off...

It's not an exact science, let's just put it that way. Where you place it on the bumper dictates how much of an angle you will have on it. A few mm forward or back makes a big difference. And I think I used at least 16 screws on this thing.

Good luck & just be patient with it.

REVOlutionary

Status
    Here my attempt at fitting the splitter,not the best pics as they were taken on my phone.
    Was a long job to get it right with the curves on the 8p3 bumper compared to the flatter 8p2 bumper
    Used screws washers and tiger seal, was about 4 hour job inc many breaks

Worked a lot cheaper than the audi 8p3 splitter at around £300
    imo it looks good and is flush fit...i did not even need the holders that come with the oem splitter for the area below the foglight where the bumper curves in and downwards
    Would recommend it as an alternative to the oem splitter for the facelift 8p3 until the price decreases for that
    And refunds are given for shipping when pics of your car are sent to the seller with splitter fitted
    Swap
    2008- A3 Sportback/5 door rear black edition bumper with parking holes
    Will swap with no holes sline bumper preferably white

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Gryphon001, that splitter looks good!
    i did the same with the Curpa one as i didnt want it being scraped off it it caught onto something. self tapping screws and i also used some body glue (the stuff used to bond spoilers) for good measure.
    Like you said too tight on the screws and it bulges a bit.

what LEDs are you using on the Sline fog grills? i like the way that looks and i am very tempted in doing the same as you as i love the way it looks.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    The LEDs are EUROLITE and the install for s-line grills is a PITA. It involves cutting the bar and inserting an acrylic rod.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Can you tell me which Eurolite LEDs they are as I have had a quick look but I can only find theatre spot lights. I don't mind trying to devise a way to fit them in but I do like the light output it gives and the way you have it in the sline fog grill.
    Or if you have a link for them that would be great!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

2nd Gear

Status

2nd Gear

Status

Reverse Gear

Status
    The LEDs look good, may look at some for myself

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

i was looking at those LEDs trying to find a set here in the UK but they only seem to be in the US... its about £50 before delivery! but i love the way you have fitted them gryphon001! hiding behind the grill so it doesnt seem like round lights as they actually are! will be doing this mod sometime soon... although i am wondering how i will wire them up as i want them to be on with the OEM DRLs but they switch off when the xenons come on
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale