Enabling instrument cluster lights.

H17E5H

Reaction score
Hi,

I've tried searching for the answer to this but can't find the relevant answer for the A3 8P.

Basically I'm after instructions on how to enable the instrument cluster lights on my MY06 A3 8P premenantly as it gets abit annoying when i can't see the speedo when you go through a tunnel.

Can it be done? I'm assuming some coding is required.

Thanks in advance.

Use VCDS to change the last instrument module code number to 4. I did this a month ago.

I suppose it depends on what year your car is but I'm near Leeds if you need any help.

As Mike said code the last digit to 4 on the instruments controller on VCDS to have the cluster lights permanently on. Done this a year ago and works perfect

Use VCDS to change the last instrument module code number to 4. I did this a month ago.

I suppose it depends on what year your car is but I'm near Leeds if you need any help.

Mike, any chance you could do this with mine please? Also would be great if you could scan my car again as EML has popped up.

Beers on me again!

Thanks

Thanks for the help and info guys. Got round to coding it today and seems to have worked. Cheers.

Is there any way of coding the radio so when you get traffic announcements they come through louder than the set volume?