My New A3, picking it up Monday, thoughts?

Here you go people on a car info checker online:

IMG_0340.jpg

Bailey

Looks like a mistake on there behalf fella. I'd try get the price down a bit more now knowing it's a 140 and not 170. Don't see how car dealers can get these kind of details wrong.

Hi Bailey,

On the 170 the brakes are bigger up front...

Looking at the car's piccys I think it maybe the 140...

Alisdair

If only....... just a crappy 1.8 petrol sri which cost £235 a year to tax!!!

Just spoken to the garage about the A3 and they said they can only apologise about listing the item wrong but they wont budge on the price at all.

I said to them I will have to leave it then, seems quite bad for them to list it as a 170 and its a 140 and they wont even budge on the price in any way.

Quite disapointed to be honest.

Bailey

I thought they might of at least knocked off £1000 ish for their mistake as its a big difference between the 170 and the 140 model. Well the search will continue, hopefully they will call me back in the next few days realising their mistake and give me a better price. ;)

Bailey

quicks done it with me listed with heated windscreen it dosnt : (

Just spoken to the garage about the A3 and they said they can only apologise about listing the item wrong but they wont budge on the price at all.

I said to them I will have to leave it then, seems quite bad for them to list it as a 170 and its a 140 and they wont even budge on the price in any way.

Bailey

Have they updated their site yet to say its a 140? Best to leave it if they are not going to budge on price.
Poor service already. It will be worth the wait for the model/spec you want. And as you said they may call you and lower the price.
I took my deposit off my car twice @ Audi each time they called me lowering the price. In the end got them to knock £3,500 of it:happy:

Bailey

Did they actually confirm it was a mistake, or are they just going by what you have told them and assuming it correct?

I'm only asking because I have seen quite a few 170s logged as 140s on these car check sites, and they were definitely 170s.
I've even seen two definite 170s listed in different tax bands on DVLA's website.

Did they actually confirm it was a mistake, or are they just going by what you have told them and assuming it correct?

I'm only asking because I have seen quite a few 170s logged as 140s on these car check sites, and they were definitely 170s.
I've even seen two definite 170s listed in different tax bands on DVLA's website.

They did confirm it was their mistake and now the advert has been updated. I thought they would have knocked the price down a little in light of this situation but as Ash said it is pretty poor service from them to be honest. Gutted isnt the word :(

Bailey

supposed to get min today. getting transported later

yeahhhhhhhh got mine gonna do a thread now updates properly tomorrow