AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    3rd Gear

Status

Removing dirty oil from car mats

The mechanic from the garage I took my car to has got some dirty oil from his boots on my carpet mats!!

Is there anything that can remove this fully? Looks pretty crap at the moment
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

In awe of VCDS

Status
    I had the same on my grey mats when I got the car so I bought some upholstery cleaner from Halfords and it did the trick.
    I can't remember the name of it, but they did it with and without a plastic brush on the lid so I went for the one with the brush. You spray on the foam and rub it in with the brush and then after a few minutes rub it with a damp cloth. I didn't hold out much hope, but it worked perfectly. I don't know where the stain went, but the mat looks like new and the damp cloth didn't look that grubby when I looked at it afterwards.

I'm at work at the moment and can't check, but I've looked at the Halfords website and I'm certain this is the stuff:
    Halfords | Turtle Wax Interior1 400ml
    Now: 2010 A3 SB S-Line Black Edition 2.0TDi 140CR. Panther Black
    Retro'd: Black S-Line badges | Private Plate | Come home lights activated | Fogs as corning lights activated | Hill hold assist activated | TPMS (via VCDS) activated | 3.5" s/s tailpipe | LED interior lighting.

Gone: 2007 A3 SB Sport TDI 140. Dolphin Grey

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by danb986 View Post
    I had the same on my grey mats when I got the car so I bought some upholstery cleaner from Halfords and it did the trick.
    I can't remember the name of it, but they did it with and without a plastic brush on the lid so I went for the one with the brush. You spray on the foam and rub it in with the brush and then after a few minutes rub it with a damp cloth. I didn't hold out much hope, but it worked perfectly. I don't know where the stain went, but the mat looks like new and the damp cloth didn't look that grubby when I looked at it afterwards.

I'm at work at the moment and can't check, but I've looked at the Halfords website and I'm certain this is the stuff:
    Halfords | Turtle Wax Interior1 400ml
    Nice one dude, I'll this over the weekend
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors