Filters and Oil Service TDi

Lund

Reaction score
Hello all,

Newbie here. I'm certainly no stranger to forums, having owned (and still own) a 70's classic mini. I have gone and purchased myself an Audi A3 TDi Sport (140) for commuting to Durham. I am planning to do a full oil and filter service which shouldn't be too much trouble.

I picked the car up from the West Mids, drove it home hassle free, barring an intermittent air bag light. I plugged it in with the Ross-Tech when I got home and notified the error; '01739 crash sensor for front air bag g284 intermittent' - i'm hazarding a guess its with one of the sensors either side of the radiator?

Also, forgive my ignorance but i'm unsure as to which fuel filter is fit for my Audi? Its a 2003, TDi 8P chassis. The fuel filter appears to be the early type with the water drain screw/plug. All it is, is Euro Parts are giving me several different options against my reg:

This, That or the Other?

Cheers,
Lund

I would goto audi as there are 2 types of fuel filters, they cant usually determine which one you have even via your vin, so they will order both & check the cylinder against the size filters they receive, voila.

Search online for the airbag code, will show you where it is.

I would goto audi as there are 2 types of fuel filters, they cant usually determine which one you have even via your vin, so they will order both & check the cylinder against the size filters they receive, voila.

Search online for the airbag code, will show you where it is.

Thanks, for the response. I'll pull it in the garage, open it up and take a look to see what's what. Do you tend to go main dealer for parts?

Last edited:
There really is no need to open it up until they order the filters, most dealers will do this if they cant distinguish which one is needed, saves you opening it all up twice.

I'd buy filter from audi yes.