Back after Six years! 2.0TDI 170 s line

paultaylor

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Back at last to the Audi fold for the first time since March 05(225 S3) in the meantime there's been a 02 M3, 95 XJR and 07 R32 DSG.

After months of searching finally did a deal on a mint 07 2.0TDI DSG Sportback 170 s line 35k miles and just serviced

Extras are pan roof, Bose, heated seats, full leather, ipod prep, multi steering wheel and multi spoke alloys.

What I want to fit now are:

RNS-E(anyone tried the TV motion lead linked to a 160GB ipod for movies?)
Factory Blutooth
Superchips 200bhp remap

Maybe Xenons(but fitting just the headlisghts without washers and auto level has got mixed reviews) and thoughts?
Maybe 2009 rear lights

I'm picking it up on Tuesday evening and just wanted to check if anyone had any crucial tests or checks I should perform before handing over the wedge?

It's Pirelli Rossos 92Y are near the limit and will need to be replaced so please chime in on best tyre for this model.

I requested to drive it from cold to check DSG as my R32 used to be rough when cold but gearchenges were fine once there was some temperature.

thanks in advance

Paul

some beats from this summer

killingpaolo's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Hi mate,

car sounds nice! what colour is it? and where are you getting it from?

The xenon upgrade without washers is a touchy subject... basically the law says that you need washers and auto levellers for it to be legal. the MOT system has not yet caught up with that (YET) and so dont do that check... but there are rumours that this is coming in the next couple years... that being said i myself have fitted bi-xenon headlights into my A3 which had washers previously but have not got auto levellers... i am planning on some point to fit them but have not done so yet and have my MOT in a couple weeks.

also mate not to scare you but there is a common issue with the 170s which you can read about here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...yone-else-problem-2006-2-0-tdi-injectors.html

if you are getting your car from an Audi dealer i suggest you ask them to change over the injectors for you for free before you take the car from them... as you will read its a well known issue that VOSA is aware of.

try and get some pics up of your car when you get some!

Hi mate,

car sounds nice! what colour is it? and where are you getting it from?

The xenon upgrade without washers is a touchy subject... basically the law says that you need washers and auto levellers for it to be legal. the MOT system has not yet caught up with that (YET) and so dont do that check... but there are rumours that this is coming in the next couple years... that being said i myself have fitted bi-xenon headlights into my A3 which had washers previously but have not got auto levellers... i am planning on some point to fit them but have not done so yet and have my MOT in a couple weeks.

also mate not to scare you but there is a common issue with the 170s which you can read about here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...yone-else-problem-2006-2-0-tdi-injectors.html

if you are getting your car from an Audi dealer i suggest you ask them to change over the injectors for you for free before you take the car from them... as you will read its a well known issue that VOSA is aware of.

try and get some pics up of your car when you get some!

Thanks Ash for the informative reply!

The injector issue sounds bad, the car is being serviced next Monday perhaps a good time for them to check it maybe replace?

N8, i'm actually in Dublin, car was imported from UK in July 2010

Sorry forgot to say, color is Lava Grey and I'm buying privately

Good news,

Spoke to Audi Uk and they were very helpful, they had to ring Audi Ireland and they "weren't interested" (typical, had the same problem with UK S3 225 imported to Ireland in 2003)

The car is due for a service in Audi Dublin on Monday and they will get the part numbers of the injectors and if they are the faulty ones(90% are) Audi UK wil organise all of them and the loom to be changed in Audi Belfast(only 90 minutes from Dublin)

Good result and customer service

Cheers to Ash for the heads up

no probs mate, im glad i could help... not too good on giving advice when it comes to engines as i know nothing about them.

i also appreciate the thanks button under my post being clicked :p