I'm back from AMD boys and girls....

[ QUOTE ]
that looks kewl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif, but bad ergonomics on the handle

[/ QUOTE ]

designed by Bangle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stickpoke.gif

how did i get on do i hear you ask....

well i got up an hour later than i should have but from warrington to AMD i did it in under 2 hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

awesome time if you ask me.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

well i got the remap done on my 3.2 but didnt get cruise control due to not enough time... will get that fitted at a later date by awesomeGTI

but over all very impressed with the company and how proffesional they were.. think i feel ill from all the tomato soup and chicken soup i had.. lol

results are as follows...

Standard 259.8Bhp & 225.0lbs/ft
Remap 277.4Bhp & 253.5lbs/ft

pictures of the dynos here

pic1

pic2

Awesomeness.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice one Richy!

Interesting how the AMD plot has fewer spikes to it, but what's up with the positive spike @ 5500 rpm? I wonder where it came from, even if it's nothing much.

I'm surprised at the gains, 18hp and 28lb/ft is nice to see!

The rest of your 3.2 is standard, right?

Did they "offer" the stage 2/3 to you?

Anyways, thanks for posting your results!

-Ben.

So remap + cat-back yielded 27 bhp... And their Shrick cams (stage 33) will -according to AMD- bring all that to around 300 bhp... All very tempting stuff!

How's the driveability? Throttle response?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

-Ben.

Well done Richy,

Do you find her more free revving at all and more responsive.

[ QUOTE ]

Standard 259.8Bhp & 225.0lbs/ft
Remap 277.4Bhp & 253.5lbs/ft

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice standard figure of 260 horses(near enough) and though not much more, still respectable final figures Richy, any different to drive?

[ QUOTE ]
Nice standard figure of 260 horses(near enough)

[/ QUOTE ]

He already had a miltek cat-back exhaust. Now, did the exhaust bring 10hp or would the completely stock engine have put out a little over 250, or is AMD's dyno a little optimistic....? Who's to say...

But yeah, Richy, tell us about driveability, throttle response and rev-limit change if there has been one. TIA

(he's probably out driving the nuts off the car and won't be back here for another week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif)

[ QUOTE ]
he's probably out driving the nuts off the car and won't be back here for another week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen his vids?, he drives quick all over the place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen his vids?,

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I haven't. I've searched this site and vagowners, to no avail. Any links?

tia

took the vids off for a while as i had a few problems with the bandwidth...

drivability is alot better with each gear holding more..

the whole experience is alot better and im very happy with the results..

although not as much gain as you would with a turbo remap i feel its a good result from a N/a

ive got a few vids from the toll road on the M6 and ill put the old video online also again tonight for ya's..

Thats a great increase in Torque, torque is where it counts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

( ill host the vids, no problem ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

s line i am in norfolk too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Jojo, thanks for the link, don't know how I missed it...

Richy, thanks for the vids you'll post... It'll make the next (final) days of waiting even harder...

Looking at your dyno runs, the power up top is very very nice. Is speed limitation also removed?

do these sorts of remaps mess with your warranty? (sorry, boring question)

Any engine mod which isn't approved by Audi (ie. their own software) would invalidate the warranty of the engine if it was proved that the mod had caused the damage. Only at present Oettinger remaps provide their own warranty if it is not covered by Audi.

To be honsest it is all a grey area, and you take your chances.

basicly the only way in most cases to prove you have a remap with AMD, APR

not sure about the others

is to dyno the car.. to prove an increase above factory spec..

as in most cases the software does not show up on the computers audi and other VAG Companys use..

audi must not really be that bothered as they could easily read the chip and compare against what it should be. seems silly that they don't really as it ain't hard to do.
so can you notice an increase of urgency richy? sounds like the torque has rocketed up!

[ QUOTE ]
as in most cases the software does not show up on the computers audi and other VAG Companys use..

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true if vw/audi can't tell the car is chipped by driving it they will be able to tell by logging it with their diagnostics machine (or a VAG-COM) simple things like changes in boost or fueling are very easy to find.

yeah but with cars reading below or higher than standard from factory cars... they can say anything about that...

but i understand its another 25 on standard but if you pleaded "er... i dunno what you mean..how would it do that?" im sure they wouldnt reject any warrenty

How does the car sound with the Milltek on compared to standard. Is it really loud?

[ QUOTE ]
took the vids off for a while as i had a few problems with the bandwidth...

[/ QUOTE ]

sh!t man, you gotta be carefull. you've just video'd yourself going twice the limit...! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

A bloke from Japan made the news a few years ago when he did the same in an F50, albeit at 200+, but he went down for it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Just watched it with sound... ****** funny! Car sounded awesome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

hehehee, your mate filming made me laugh............"phucking hell, hurry up dickhead" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I was thinking the same thing when the old colostomy (spell?) bag driving the golf came down the road.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif