Newbie needing some expert advice please

Steve--b

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new on here as I only bought an 2005 audi 2.0 tdi sport yesterday!

I'm just wondering if anyones heard of this before?
The sun visor vanity mirror lights wern't working when I bought it, I assumed that a fuse had gone or the bulbs or possibly a switch problem but when I took the lights out there seems to be no wiring to it!!!
Then tonight I started checking all the whistles and bells to see if they worked. I found that the folding mirrors also don't seem to be working either. I havn't checked the wiring yet though.
I thought these were standard items on the a3 sport model?
Anyone who could shed some light on this would be great as I'm not looking forward to removing the headlining to check for wires!!
Thanks
Steve

mate i think its sline only my 06 8p2 sport didnt have the covers tho

Yeah the Sport doesn't come with vanity mirror lights or folding mirrors as standard.
The electric mirror control on your door will have the switch to fold the mirrors but they won't work as the mirrors don't have the electric folding mechanism.

what you need to do is press the button and make a noise brrrrrrrrrrrrnp and flick them in before anyone sees you. i miss my folding mirrors

Nice one, thanks guys. I was just reading specs and found out that apparently only the s3/s line have black headlining. so that might answer that one. Also checked the reg doc's and audi finacial were the original owners so might answer why it's got some s line bits but not seats and obviously the wiring!
Thanks for the help in resolving my worries.

I'd got all excited too as never had a car with magic mirrors before!! Think I'll have to give that trick a go and pretend for now.

lol sorry mate i wind my gf up in her 54 plate fiesta. wind the windown down and pretend i am pressing a window button