Armrest leather lid not matching interior

ADi Nuff Valves

Reaction score
Website
www.moodysky.co.uk
I've bought and fitted a genuine centre armrest kit bought from Crewe Audi. The install went fine but the leather cover doesn't appear to match my leather interior. They asked for the VIN number to make sure they supplied the correct one but my interior looks black and the leather lid looks more grey.

Is there anyway of telling (from option codes / VIN number) what interior and colour SHOULD be fitted?

Thanks.

if they provided it from your Vin code and its wrong then just take it back mate, they will accept fault as you didnt supply the part code and it was them that ordered that part.

well like you said you supplied them the Vin so that they got you the right one, just call them up and tell them the issue. im sure they will take it back for an exchange/refund.

The service book should have the correct code for your car, they should verify this with your book & the lid with pr codes aswell in etka.

The service book should have the correct code for your car, they should verify this with your book & the lid with pr codes aswell in etka.

Ah yes, the service book. Don't actually have that as although I was told they (dealership) had it "somewhere" when looking to buy the car, it never showed up and they have been (for the past 4 months) trying to get a duplicate made up!

The sticker in the boot lists N1U for the interior which matches what they found via the VIN. The part number on the lid box ends in AC 86R which I couldn't find on my ETKA (although a slightly different part number ending in 86R lists it as "soul black" which I believe should be correct). The lid itself has no part number anywhere so I guess it could've been put in the wrong box.

Ok, so I sent a pic to the parts guy to see what he thought:

armrest_lid.jpg

he then sent the pic to audi head office and here is their reply:

"this is the only lid available and would be slightly different"

Now, am I being fussy or does that lid not look a completely different colour?

dude the leather doesnt match because your seats need a good clean!!

At the moment your seats are shiny and glossy where as new leather will have a matt finish....Get a soft nail brush and some gliptone or zymol leather cleaner and get to work on the seats! They will soon be a nice match

My leathers are cleaned and you can see the matt finish a bit more
5759a9b7.jpg

defo dude, u can tell by the bolsters that they could do with a clean. You may not get a perfect match at all but with use the armrest will probably become the same color over time. Its just characteristics of the leather from wear.

Dont apply a conditioner as that may make the leather glossy again, i would recommend zymol leather cleaner as its not a thick cream and will help get alot of dirt off.

Well I tried the Zymol leather treament using a microfibre cloth (no soft nail brushes to hand!) and the seats have more of a matt finish now but the colour is still way off. I've sent the leather lid back and will have to call in to the dealership to try and get one that matches. There are a few part numbers on Etka which should all be for what it says is a leather lid in soul black which is a tad confusing.

To all you guys with leather interiors - what is on the doorcards above the armrest? is it just plain black cloth? Leather section to match the seats?

Will they not mark the leather then? I have one so could give it a try.

go for the softer nail brush dude, i have two one vikan and one softer one. They wont mark the leathers just use steady pressure and work in sections with the cleaner. Work in a circular motion and wipe with a microfibre after on each section. Youll start to see the dirt come off onto the cloth alot better as the brush can agitate the muck out alot better than using a cloth and wiping dirt.

mine half leather and half alkantara. leather arm rest replaced today due to a broken clip. seems to match