Chris NottAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Question Do i have s-line or sport suspension?

Hey chaps, I've been looking into upgrading/lowering my suspension and knowing the difference in standard ride height between the s-line and sport suspension, I was worried when looking at my V5 log book to see my car is listed as a sport? Has anyone else got a genuine s-line and what does it say in your log book? I haven't parked next to an s-line yet to see if there's a difference which would be the easiest thing to do. I want to put new shocks and springs on to lower it but want to know how much to lower it depending if its a sport or s-line. Oh and thank you if you suggest it but I don't want coilovers, I had them on my track car before and that was enough hassle for me. Also is there any difference between the quattro and FWD height? Cheers Rob.
    Last edited by Rob-Quattro; 19th September 2011 at 10:37.
    Lava Grey A3 Hatchback S-line 170 Quattro, 18" Speedline Turini's, Bilstein B8 Shocks, 35mm H&R Springs, H&R ARB's, Small Remap, Darkside Development EGR Delete, K&N Panel, Full S3 Brakes, Yellow Stuff Pads, Drilled/Grooved Disc's, Bi-Xenons, DRL's, Full Leather, RNS-E/Changer/Bose, LED Interior Light Pack + Ambient Lighting, Rain And Light Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Auto Folding Mirrors, Black Grill/Badges, MY11 Rears, Lamin-x Fogs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Older s lines were sport on the log book .What years your car?
    As for the quatro and FWD yes there diferent IIRC

1st Gear

Status
    Its 2007 (57) everything on it is s-line like seats, wheels, steering wheel, bumpers etc.

Anyone on here who works at Audi I could give the reg or chassis number to and they could confirm for definite one it is? Cheers Lingy
    Lava Grey A3 Hatchback S-line 170 Quattro, 18" Speedline Turini's, Bilstein B8 Shocks, 35mm H&R Springs, H&R ARB's, Small Remap, Darkside Development EGR Delete, K&N Panel, Full S3 Brakes, Yellow Stuff Pads, Drilled/Grooved Disc's, Bi-Xenons, DRL's, Full Leather, RNS-E/Changer/Bose, LED Interior Light Pack + Ambient Lighting, Rain And Light Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Auto Folding Mirrors, Black Grill/Badges, MY11 Rears, Lamin-x Fogs.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    As lingy says, older s-lines were Sports with the added option of the "s-line package". S-line wasn't actually a model, just an upgraded Sport.
    Then Audi made the s-line into a model of its own.
    Not sure if the log book details were changed though.

To find out for sure if yours is a Sport that has been converted buy a past owner or if it was an s-line from factory call Audi and quoting your reg number ask them to give you a price on something that only s-lines came out of the factory with... i.e. the main grille with s-line logo or the rear spoiler.
    If your car has been turned into an s-line by the owner (like I have done to mine) they won't show a grille with logo or spoiler as being available for your car. But if it was an s-line from factory then they will.

As for the height difference between FWD and quattro.... As far as I know there is no difference. Sport is 15mm below standard and s-line is a further 10mm below Sport. Regardless of FWD / Quattro.

There is a difference when lowering though. You will find that the springs for FWD lower up to 50mm, but for Quattros they only offer a max of about 35mm.

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-170-Quattro View Post
    Its 2007 (57) everything on it is s-line like seats, wheels, steering wheel, bumpers etc.

Anyone on here who works at Audi I could give the reg or chassis number to and they could confirm for definite one it is? Cheers Lingy
    You will have S-Line suspension on a 07 car as it was an actual model in it's own right by then. The early 05 cars were the Sport's with bigger wheels and badges...

I suspect your car looks like mine...
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audicruiser View Post
    You will have S-Line suspension on a 07 car as it was an actual model in it's own right by then. The early 05 cars were the Sport's with bigger wheels and badges...

I suspect your car looks like mine...
    Correct
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

Reverse Gear

Status
    Now I'm worried!!
    I have a 3.2 V6 quattro with DSG box, on an 06 plate. Sold to me as an S-Line. S-Line badges etc etc everywhere.
    Vehicle data inside service book, 1st code is E4J, which is S-Line.
    Log book says 'Sport'
    Does mine have S-Line suspension?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Bump

1st Gear

Status
    Hey mate, I rang Audi a few days ago and they confirmed mine was an S-line. If you phone your local dealer they will tell you. They'll ask if you purchased the car from there, if you say no they'll still be able to tell you