Is there a one-touch windows retrofit?

Adamantium

Reaction score
Was surprised to find I don't have this, can anyonevtell me if it's possible?

OK... First issue to clear up...

Are you talking about opening and closing the windows all the way with a 'command & release' type input on the interior window switches, or opening and closing the windows using the lock/remote?

Anyway, wesley is right - both these functions have been standard (even without integrated remote) since about 1996; and actually, regardless of which is the actual question, there may be a related element if there is an issue...

If it's the former, and your windows won't continue to open or close after you've released the switch, it may well be that the battery has been flat/disconnected, and the window regulators need to re-learn their positions... So, sit in the car with the doors closed, put the ignition on, then for each window in turn:

1) Open it a bit.
2) Close it all the way.
3) When it stops, pull the switch to close it again, and hold it until you hear a little click from the door.
4) Release and do the next window.

That should return 'one-touch' functionality from the interior switches.

If you can't open and close by the lock/remote, it might be related to the same thing, so it can't hurt to perform the above procedure; then you should be able to open and close the windows using the key or the button on the remote; the only other thing to note, and I'm not trying to teach grandma to suck eggs, is that you need to hold the key in position/hold the remote button to open/close the windows.

Hope this is useful, let us know...

Rob.

If you dont regain one touch by the reset procedure, then login to all door modules & check/clear any errors, as this can stop the reset procedure having any effect.

If you regain one touch Adam & the key in door or via remote doesnt activate the closure options, then check the coding in 46 convenience, as its an option to enable/disable.

If coded correctly, then you dont need to hold the remote button down continuously.

Adam mate, as said by others, more likely the battery has been disconnected. When I meet up with you this week I'll show you how to reset or give me a call later and I'll talk it through with you.

Cheers

Danny

Thanks Guys.

Have done a relearn and they work fine now!

Much appreciated!