Wipers Sticking

I

imported_A3dude

My wipers have developed a fault, when they are on they stop at random on the windscreen, then go into the slow reset mode and continue normal operation.

Is this the dreaded A3 wiper motor problem? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Boy your not having much luck are you !

Is this the rain sensor, or have you got std. wipers ?

Your telling me, i`ve never had so many faults with a car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I have the standard manual wipers.

Thanks

My wipers bolts weren't tightened enough.. They said at the local dealer that it's common with new a3. They tightened the bolts and changed the other arm.

You require a modified wiper motor.
Call you dealer or even better, call Audi Roadside Assistance and say your wipers are playing up and they'll sent a guy round to your house and fit one on your drive.

Sounds like the problem I had. It was a common problem on some models.
My dealer fitted a new motor.
Like a4sline says, get it sorted via the dealer or roadside assistance.

thanks a4sline, great idea i would much prefer Audi roadside to sort it, as i have found them to be excellent.

We do try our best!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well ADT Roadside have done it. Big thumbs up to them, changed my wiper motor at my house. These guy`s really are top people, very careful not to damage anything, quick and polite. Saved loads of hassle going to the dealers. He even cured my door puddle light problem, by reprogramming the lights via his laptop. They now work. Very impressive.