A3 sline owner split grill help ???

mA3tty Quattro

Reaction score
Hi plp Need some advice ive got a 2005 sline tdi but have the split grill ive tried to search but cant see wht year bumper i need withowt changeing the bonnet if i can ?also and my rear bumper is awful can any rear bumper fit ? i know theres loads on this but theres diffrent models

As far as I'm aware, you will have to change the bonnet for a 2005-2008 single grill bumper.

Any rear bumper will fit as long as you get a 3 door bumper if you have a 3 door, 5 if you have a 5.

As Wez said if you want the single grille you will need a new bonnet there no way around it. Done the single grille conversion myself.
If you have a 3door any 3door 8P rear bumper will (BESIDES the convertible ones) and vice versa with the 5doors/sportback.
Have a quick search both topics have been covered many times and there alot of threads going around with part numbers and prices.
Good luck

Last edited:
You need to change the bonnet if your putting a single grill on mate I believe

Edit: already answered

Right just the bonnet and bumper thn no headlights of wings ? sorry its a 3 door rear bumper is shocking some1 decided to cut a tow bar into it :3sadwalk:

Right just the bonnet and bumper thn no headlights of wings ? sorry its a 3 door rear bumper is shocking some1 decided to cut a tow bar into it :3sadwalk:

I hate the rear bumper too, I can't wait to remove mine for a newer one. (cough: Ash B, cough)

Yea with the front bumper you will need just the bumper and bonnet. Or you could opt for the ABT ad on to your bumper :thumbsup:

If you want to facelift it to 8P3 (2008-2011), then you would need, bumper, bonnet, headlamps, wings and mirrors etc.

There's a very cheap mod you can do in the meantime, mod your grills and bumper to 'look' like a single grill.

There's build threads and guides galore on all options, hit the search button.

Here's one to get you going (hope you dont mind Sarah)http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...l-conversion-done-v6-s3-hybrid-pic-heavy.html

I cant find that ABT mod for sale anywere threads say its owt of stock ?if its a pre 2008 front bumper thn just bonnet and bumper ? also them 2010 rear lights a straight swap sorry for goin on lol:haudrauf: