Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Neutral

Status

scorpion exhaust

thinking of fitting a scorpion cat back to my s3 8p and want to know how it will sound. has anyone got one fitted to their car, if so does it pop. i read a post on here that it sounds no louder than standard and he wasn't to impressed with it another alternative is a miltec but i'm unsure what to get. my mate had a scorpion fitted to his mini cooper s and it sounds amazing and pops like mad, would love mine to be something similar.
    forge carbon twin take system, forge dump vale spacer, scorpion cat back, miltech sports cat, iridium sparks, ebc drilled and slotted disks, yellow stuff pads

2. # ADS
    ADS

Banana Menace!

Status
    I had a Scorpion (albeit a turbo back exhaust) on my Astra VXR and it sounded amazing, with a deep burble when pootling around town and it popped like mad when on WOT, but I can tell you for sure that the cat back version of the Scorpion for the S3 definitely won't pop. In fact I don't know of any performance exhaust systems (even if it's a full TBE) for the S3 that will pop at all. I don't think it's something that's supposed to be very good for your cat anyway as it's just unburnt fuel in the exhaust that causes the pops. HTH x
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    yeah...vxr like to do that. my friend had an vxr with custom decat exhaust and it sounded mad. lots of pops and bangs. you won't get that from an s3.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Neutral

Status
    thanks,
    with the standard one on now it pops after hard acceleration then change gear, sounds good but would like that when it comes down the revs too, might be ordering it this week too, wat does the miltec sound like in comparison to the scorpion, is it deeper in sound or do you not know?
    forge carbon twin take system, forge dump vale spacer, scorpion cat back, miltech sports cat, iridium sparks, ebc drilled and slotted disks, yellow stuff pads

1st Gear

Status
    I had one on a mk2 golf gti and it sounded cheap and boomy.

I would stick with milltek personally.

The popping you get is from overfuelling on overrun igniting on the hot exhaust in the presence of oxygen (near the tips). If you have a cat in place it's unlikely that the droplets of fuel will make it through, but it's not impossible.

Hold fire if you are about to buy as I am going to get this forum some preferential pricing on Milltek. (15% off).

Neutral

Status
    ordered the scorpion today get it tomorrow lets hope to god its not quiet, the shop i bought it off said the scorpion is slightly more aggressive that the miltec and if i'm not happy i can swap for a small fee so if all goes good it will be on tomorrow night YEY
    i'll let you know how it sounds, if i get home

Neutral

Status
    ok here's the verdict

not hard to fit, infact was really straight forward, at first noticed no difference in sound as was very dissappointed with it, thought it was quiet and a waste of money. but when it caulked up different story, sounds deep on idle and will pop like mad with a little rev and when you reallly open the taps, from inside the car you get a really aggressive tone after 4 and half on the revs. from outside the car it sounds even more insane. when gearing down the tone is really deep. glad i got the scorpion now but would still like to hear how a miltec sounds just as a comparison

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add pinterovski on Facebook
    Got any video?
    Black roof,Tinted windows,Solar Orange Calipers,KW V3 Coilovers,
    HEKO Wind Deflectors,CAI ITG Maxogen,Non Res Supersprint Exhaust CB with custom Fi76mm DP,
    RevD with GFB DV+,Autotech HPFP,Custom SKN map Stage2,Forge ShortShifter,THS mounts,
    Twintercooler,Clutch is now on LOBA/SACHS!!!
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!
    365HP and 500NM of torque!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    milltek sounds great

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I would like to hear S3 8P with Milltek catback only!
    Anybody?
    HEKO Wind Deflectors,CAI ITG Maxogen,Non Res Supersprint Exhaust CB with custom Fi76mm DP,
    RevD with GFB DV+,Autotech HPFP,Custom SKN map Stage2,Forge ShortShifter,THS mounts,
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    catback isn't worth in my opinion!...you should go full Turbo back to get some gains, and improvement in sound :D

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I know S.,but that requires stage2 i think?! And then you must upgrade alot of things
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    it doesn't require stage 2..but then you have the option for stage 2 or stage 2+ :D

Neutral

Status
    got a question for everyone. i had a rolling road on my car before touching anything on it and got a result of 262bhp and 380Nm. They told me it must of had a remap at some point but couldn't say for sure if it had. i used 97 ron for the test but not sure it would make this much differance. since then i have fitted a twin take forge air intake with forge blow off spacer and the scorpion cat back, would like to go for another rolling road but maybe when i get some more pennies. Am i right in thinking i need a turbo back to go for stage 2??

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Yup that's corect!
    Mate,can you post a video clip of your Scorpion Cat back???
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!

2nd Gear

Status
    Im in the process of sourcing the best cat-back exhaust I can as well, want something that pops too. Can you post pics and videos and links to where you bought?

thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TimJK View Post
    Im in the process of sourcing the best cat-back exhaust I can as well, want something that pops too. Can you post pics and videos and links to where you bought?

thanks
    Non will pop I am afraid. We will have the Milltek systems listed soon so look out for some good deals
    Last edited by GNJ_Motorsport; 2nd October 2011 at 21:51.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I ordered Milltek from Revo and they not have them on stock,
    so they offered me Supersprint cat back for £480 delivered to Slovenia with reducer!!!
    What do you think guys is that a good price,it seems good to me!?
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    my friend has 2nd hand milltek cat-back if you're interested into making a trip to Zagreb :D

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks S. mate, but i already ordered SS
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!