Fitting vmaxx coilies, one tool missing.?

jakeward46

Reaction score
Rigt this is getting to me now, coilovers arrive Monday, however I've looked at the tools needed and there is a 14mm 12point triple square drive socket to get the strut out the clamp.
Ive been to three shops now, all having full Walls of hex drives and 10 points but no 12's. No one has them, I've tried eBay but all in America? Surely there is somewhere I can get one, anyone that's fitted coilies or springs where did you get yours? Don't say your tool box :)

Cheers, did you order online or go to there shop.

Had a quick look at the front top mounts today and I didn't realise the plastic cover that's sits just back from the Bonnet and goes up to the windscreen, it covers the top mount bolts, looked like a big job taking it off. how do I get round this?

If you mean halfords, yes they were useless didn't even know what one was and then I asked for spring compressors he didn't know what they were either lol

Just bought one on the internet should come tuesday intime for fitment, went to my local wolds engineering shop today and there was a set of spring compressors £28 so i snapped them up. Hope its all worth it :/

Last edited:
Is this a fancy name for a TORX head socket, or is it something completely different ?

Same sort of thing but torx head socket is 6 point where as I need a 12 point.