Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By akash_sky1

Thread: Dyno results

2nd Gear

Status

Dyno results

Ok, so I finally managed to sort out most of the bugs with the car. Since the car is running great now, I decided this would be a good time to put it on a Dyno... Was also wondering if anyone else has dyno figures, along with mod list, to post up for comparison.

The results were 229hp and 275 torque at the wheels. Could have been better I suppose if I had a proper intake as opposed to the Carbonio stage 1 intake and a full 3" exhaust instead of a 3" down pipe and the stock catback... but I'm pretty happy with how the car feels right now so I think I will leave it as is for a while. Here is where it stands at the moment:

2008 A3 Sportback 2.0T FSI
    APR 93 octane program
    APR HPFP
    APR 3" down pipe / stock catback
    Neuspeed lightweight crank shaft pulley.
    Carbonio intake and K&N filter.

And now for some shameless self promotion...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boycie

Status
    What is APR 93 Octane program?

IMO with those mods, the bhp is rather low

With a single remap the 2.0TFSI should be at least 240. Then 260-270 with the full system exhaust, HPFP and intake??

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    What is APR 93 Octane program?

IMO with those mods, the bhp is rather low

With a single remap the 2.0TFSI should be at least 240. Then 260-270 with the full system exhaust, HPFP and intake??
    Your reading it wrong mate, he's quoted WHP ( ie at the WHEELS!). If you use 20% drivetrain loss tht makes it about 285 bhp at the flywheel, which about right, and the same as mine!
    His torque figure is also excellent.

APR 93 programme is like a Revo stage 2+ for UK equivalent of 99 RON fuel.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Boycie

Status
    Ah didn't see the "wheels" comment!

Does the 93 refer to the ron of fuel? Where in the world does 93ron?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Ah didn't see the "wheels" comment!

Does the 93 refer to the ron of fuel? Where in the world does 93ron?
    Well APR is an American company, in the US their Octane is measured in the AKI ( Anti-knock-Index) rating, whereas in the Uk is RON (Research Octane Number)
    93 US octane is actually 98 RON equivalent.
    Kelza likes this.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

2nd Gear

Status
    Thank you gentlemen, I couldn't have answered that better. Especially since I didn't know all the answers... lol

I'm in Canada so most of our tuning comes from the US and 93 octane is highest pump gas in the US. Up here we get 94 and my car has never had anything else after the dealer fill up.

What APR does is enable program switching on the fly via the cruise control switches. So you can switch the different programs between stock, 91, 93 & 100 octane program. Useful when the dealership had to look at the car when it was still stage 1.

They tend not to tune the car to the max like some companies son their numbers are slightly lower, but the delivery is very smooth.

BTW, i thought the drivetrain loss numbers were closer to 15%. Which would make mine around 270-ish at the crank. A bit low because I am using a 2.5" stock catback and the Carbonio intake is really just a bigger intake box which than still sends the air through the original tubing and the stupid engine cover/air filter. What the Dyno tech said is that the reason the graph kinda plateaues at the top range is because the engine has reached the limit of the amount of air it can take in/expell.
    Last edited by Gryphon001; 15th September 2011 at 13:36.

5th Gear

Status
    I have an uprated downpipe/cat and centre section only too,in 2.75". My restrictve rear box is still on but don't know how much difference that really makes power wise.
    IMO the carbonio is pretty useless really when you look at its design, can't see how it can improve airflow that much, you need to stick a decent in take on there.
    20% would be more accurate estimate for a haldex quattro, is yours 2wd?

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine is fwd only... 2.0T wasn't available in quattro in NA untill 2009.

The Carbonio does absolutely nothing except look pretty and make a sweet sound when the turbo spools up.... But I don't thunk I'll be spending a few hundred on an intake like the Forge twintake and I am not keen on having an intake draw air from inside the engine bay. Not sure if there are any other options out there since APR dropped the ball on their FSI stage 2 intake.

6th Gear

Status
    I believe ITG now have a closed solution for your model using the cars usual ram air intake in teh front grille.

Good power and I imagine great fun through the front wheels, a little loss of traction can be entertaining
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."