Suspension

herrmax

Reaction score
i'm going to lower my car and i keep looking and reading post after post and opinion after opinion and looking at picture after picture, but how about a thread where you post a side on photo of you car with your set up and wheel size nothing else just page after page of lowered cars with the set up listed ?

it's a A3 sport 2.0 140 tdi sportback, with 19" speedlines and standard suspension and it looks like a monster truck.

Lol i have h&r springs which make the car look well nice ,,cheap mod as you can pick up second hand springs for about £80 ..

this is my point :keule: lets see some picture's :rock:

Hi herrmax will get some pictures up tomorrow ,but to be honest looks so much better than the standard springs...

Here's mine;
non-color.jpg

2011-06-23-160510.jpg

I am very pleased with the ride height.
Gonna put some Billie's B8 and it's gonna be perfect ;)

Last edited:
Wow stunning loving that ,any side pictures to see what the spacers make the wheels look like ,cheers

So what is your opinion about Billstein dampers and H&R springs for S3 8P2 mate???

i cant say cos i havnt tried that combination. - no doubt the combination will give you a lower car and less crashy drive, but if you are going to the trouble of changing the springs/dampers its worth changing the ARBs and adding the TT lower wishbones (they have adjustable negative camber bottom ball joints and save weight) as the parts are not that expensive and the labour/suspension alignment is already going to be paid for the springs/dampers anyway - then you can improve the suspension significantly in 1 go

Good idea for a thread! Would've been very useful when I was trying to decide on lowering mine.

Anyway.... this my Sport lowered with Eibach Sportline springs, which lower the front by 50mm and the rear by 40mm (below standard height).
The wheels are 18s.

I went for Eibach in the end because the ride is not as stiff as H&R. The way they are designed is to be quite soft over small bumps but firm when driving hard.
Also, Eibach lower slightly more at the front than the rear to even out the arch gaps, otherwise you are left with bigger gaps at the front.

img1728w.jpg

img1737111.jpg

img1666k.jpg

img1683lq.jpg

i'm gonna get FK coilovers just need to find the cheapest place . :search:

Kw coilovers FT£££££££££££££££££££££ :yes:

SO do Eibachs sit the same as H & R ? whats the part number please ?

QUOTE=Ads (formerly aythree);1370287]Good idea for a thread! Would've been very useful when I was trying to decide on lowering mine.

Anyway.... this my Sport lowered with Eibach Sportline springs, which lower the front by 50mm and the rear by 40mm (below standard height).
The wheels are 18s.

I went for Eibach in the end because the ride is not as stiff as H&R. The way they are designed is to be quite soft over small bumps but firm when driving hard.
Also, Eibach lower slightly more at the front than the rear to even out the arch gaps, otherwise you are left with bigger gaps at the front.

img1728w.jpg

img1737111.jpg

img1666k.jpg

img1683lq.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This was my previous car A3 2.0TDI Quattro with amazing hadling :wub:
H&R CupKit Sport Suspension. Sometimes a lil bit bouncy but you get use to it!
111.jpg

SO do Eibachs sit the same as H & R ? whats the part number please ?

On h&r 50mm you might get a bit of reverse rake because it lowers 50mm all around giving a slightly bigger arch gap at the front.
Eibach gives a slight nose down or "aggressive" stance.

Part number for Eibach Sportline springs for FWD is E20-15-007-02-22

£400 ish but i have settled on Fk's need that 100mm :rock:

the 50mm front and rear 40mm
is the drop from standard susspention (se) or from your sport.

the 50mm front and rear 40mm
is the drop from standard susspention (se) or from your sport.

Its from Sport height... so mine has really gone down 35-40mm front and 25-30mm rear.
Any lower than that and i'd be having problems with the road around here.

so do you think mine needs dropping ? its standard sline so i think thats another 15mm from sport isnt it ? ill post pics anyway

parked on a bit of a hill dont know if its affecting the look.

want it to be a practical car too not drive with a gum shield. or to tense my bum cheeks when i go over i bump

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

Yep, could deffo do with a drop mate.

S-line is another 10mm lower than sport, so the eibach sportlines will give you a 25-30mm front and 15-20mm rear drop.
Thats not a massive drop, but since mine has been lowered i've had it next to an s-line and the difference is very noticable, especially at the front.

any downsides so far. my last car was an suv so i could fit my head almost under the wheel arch so i can never tell when a car is high. anything compared with that is slammed

gonna order them from venom tomorrow can't find them cheaper anywhere else. £385.44

any downsides so far. my last car was an suv so i could fit my head almost under the wheel arch so i can never tell when a car is high. anything compared with that is slammed

No downsides yet. The ride is more comfortable over smaller bumps and pot holes. It is a bit harder over big bumps and big potholes though, but still not too hard.
The biggest improvement is how flat the car keeps on hard braking, acceleration and cornering. It used to lean all over the place but now it handles loads better.

I've slightly scraped the bottom of the car/exhaust on two island type speedbumps so far, but I was going a little too fast. If I take them at an easy pace then its fine.

n8 your car is an ice skate it has no suspention lol.

you running 19"?