AH FabricationsChris Nott
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By audicruiser
  • 1 Post By audicruiser
  • 1 Post By Ben H

Thread: Release of the New A3

Release of the New A3

Well with the start of this year's Frankfurt Motor Show, it looks like we are going to have to wait until the Geneva Show in March 2012 for the release of the new A3. Pity really as I shall be visiting the Frankfurt show next week.

Perhaps I'll have to use up some of my Airmiles with a day-trip to Geneva.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I heard the new A3 will be launched in the summer with the 5 door version coming later in the year?

4th Gear

Status
    I'm also heading to Frankfurt on Friday and was hoping the new A3 would be there but atleast this will be!!!

Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slade777 View Post
    I'm also heading to Frankfurt on Friday and was hoping the new A3 would be there but atleast this will be!!!
    What engine is going in the RS5? Tis a beaut...
    Ibis - BE 170 S-Tronic

Quote Originally Posted by kritter86 View Post
    I heard the new A3 will be launched in the summer with the 5 door version coming later in the year?
    I would think that both versions will be at Geneva with both being released at the same time as Audi now sell more Sportbacks than 3-doors. The Cabriolet and S3 versions will probably follow a little later together with the Saloon version.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymesaka View Post
    What engine is going in the RS5? Tis a beaut...
    According to the brochure which can be downloaded from the Audi UK website it's a 4.2litre V8 producing 450hp - S-tronic only. The basic on the road price is £58,750. Start saving!!!
    Dave R (h5djr)

4th Gear

Status
    All they've done is a quick facelift to bring it in line with the rest of the A5 facelifts.
    Current:

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    According to the brochure which can be downloaded from the Audi UK website it's a 4.2litre V8 producing 450hp - S-tronic only. The basic on the road price is £58,750. Start saving!!!

All they've done is a quick facelift to bring it in line with the rest of the A5 facelifts.
    Sweet, I'd heard a rumour that they were changing the engine, what do you think of the facelift? I like it....
    Ibis - BE 170 S-Tronic

4th Gear

Status
    Looks alot more muscular and love the headlights. My old mans just ordered an S5 sportback and looks pretty similar hence the trip to see it's launch at Frankfurt.

I've heard the RS4 will have the same 4.2 litre engine but it's only coming in Avant form?! Will it match up to the B7 I'm not so sure!?
    Current:

1st Gear

Status
    Bet you can't wait for your dad's motor to turn up

Regarding the RS4, with the majority of opinions about the RS3 as long as it looks like an RS i.e. huge arches, quad exhaust or oval and make it look different from the S4 they should be good!!!
    Ibis - BE 170 S-Tronic

Audi Heaven

Status
    Surely that RS5 will be the first RS model to ever be facelifted mid-production... If I had bought an original I would be a bit annoyed to say the least!!
    Rhymesaka likes this.
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

4th Gear

Status
    Ye really excited expected delivery January 31st. They've also done something to the engine to bring it down on emissions but it's quicker than current model.

That's the worry I have the B7 RS4 still looks current and turns my head every time I hope it lives up to the RS badge. The RS5 has taken the coupe route it seems but I still prefer the RS4 B7.
    Current:

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audicruiser View Post
    Surely that RS5 will be the first RS model to ever be facelifted mid-production... If I had bought an original I would be a bit annoyed to say the least!!
    Exactly what I thought when I heard they were facelifting it....

Ye really excited expected delivery January 31st. They've also done something to the engine to bring it down on emissions but it's quicker than current model.

That's the worry I have the B7 RS4 still looks current and turns my head every time I hope it lives up to the RS badge. The RS5 has taken the coupe route it seems but I still prefer the RS4 B7.
    Day after my birthday the 31st..... I'll wake up slozzled thinking of you
    Last edited by Rhymesaka; 14th September 2011 at 22:36.
    Ibis - BE 170 S-Tronic

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhymesaka View Post

Sweet, I'd heard a rumour that they were changing the engine, what do you think of the facelift? I like it....
    The change of engine is for the S5, no more V8 but now all powered by the V6 3.0T unit...
    Rhymesaka likes this.
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

On a journey...

Status
    ...and it's S models that come with quad exhaust tips; RS come with dual ovals.
    Rhymesaka likes this.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic (2010) - Brilliant Red
    Technology Pack (RNSE 2, Bluetooth, 6-CD stack), BOSE, roof rails, 2 child seats and 310bhp

1st Gear

Status
    The change of engine is for the S5, no more V8 but now all powered by the V6 3.0T unit...
    Sweet, I knew it was one of the 2 that was having changes

Quote Originally Posted by Ben H View Post
    ...and it's S models that come with quad exhaust tips; RS come with dual ovals.
    Yea, I couldn't remember which one was which so put both
    Ibis - BE 170 S-Tronic

4th Gear

Status
    Yeh they say V6 T on the side but it's supercharged as opposed to Turbo. Apparently the T is in relation to the TFSI engine.

The S5 Sportback and Cab have always run the 3.0 V6 and they have now put it in the coupe instead of the V8. The new V6 is quicker than the old V8 even though it's slightly down on Bhp. Down side is the V8 roars now gone
    Current: