If trading car in do i need to put back to standard..?

Kelza

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all if i trade my car in for another audi from audi do i need to put the car back to standard or can i give it to them modded on stage 2+?

I'd of thought they may want it standard, however wouldn't it be in your interest to take parts off and sell separately?

I know what you mean ,but i just wondered if audi have a problem when trading in an non standard car .

You don't need to put it back to standard, BUT, any dealer won't pay any heed to what you've done to it. If its a 2.0 tdi s-line, then its a 2.0tdi s-line to the dealer, no matter what you've retrofitted. As said above, put it back to standard and sell all your bits. I always do that. Look on it as recycling :)

Cool thanks recycling it would be then...:rockwoot:

As the guys have said Buddy, best to have the bits you've added taken off your car and sell them on seperately as you won't get anything for them from a dealer. Only sell a modded car as it is, if the person you are selling it to appreciates what they are buying and are willing to pay more for your tuned/modded car than you'd get when trading it in, but even then you won't get everything you've spent on it. Splitting is the way to go, Dude. The money's better in YOUR pocket! :wub: x

For what its worth i would put it back to std. A Audi dealership will not want to sell it on if they know it was once 2+ simply because they would never offer a warranty with it and no one would buy it without a warranty. therefore it will go to trade or Auction so you will not get a good trade in at all !!
The moral dilemma is if you dont tell them then some poor sod is going to buy what he thinks is a nice unmessed S3 where is he is getting a car thats had a hard life in comparison..Its always a problem when you come to sell...no one wants someone else's moded motor unless its a private sale and cheap..

When I went to p/ex my Honda S2000 fitted with after-market sports exhaust Audi dealer wanted to be assured it would be exchanged with OE system re-fitted. I was questioned as to whether I had done anything else like messing with the intake system etc. It seems main dealers want clean standard well presented cars, not tarted up things that would stick out like sore thumbs on their smart forecourts.
Suited me fine as the cars p/ex value was not enhanced by sports exhaust so it was sold seperately as were the non-OE expensive luxury mats, VERY heavy non-OE gearknob and set spare smaller diameter winter wheels and tyres.