audi a3 2.0 tdi 140 BKD 8P Turbo removal? Help!!!!

chrisy t

Reaction score
Already got a post on here about my car overboosting but i am desperate to get my turbo off and have a look at it, realy dont want it to go pop, ive stopped driving it now, Has anybody got any tips on how to remove the turbo and how to crack it open and clean it up? Should i crack it open and use innotech? when i open it are bits going to fly everywere or is it easy to brake? Really want to get something sorted, if anybody could give me any tips or help with this would realy appreciate it, im almost willing to pay for advice im that desperate!!! just want to chec its all ok and the turbo is ok! my car has done 92,000 miles and ive had limp mode twice with an overboost error! Can i take the turbo off and refit without replacing any parts? i.e gaskets etc? Any help with this would be great,

Cheers

Chris

Exhaust off and turbo comes out from underneath, between subframe and body. Ideally it would be best to get it on a 2-post ramp to do the job as i would think it could be a pain laying on your back.

I suppose you could do it without changing gaskets, but to be honest for the price of the gaskets i would change them.

Cheers, any idea were i can get the gaskets from? and what part numbers would be looking for? Also, can i damage the turbo by opening it up? Can i distub the balancing etc?

As long as you don't touch the nut on the end of the spindle, compressor side, it should be okay. Obviously don't bash the turbine or drop it when it's apart. There are 5 maybe 6 (can't remember for sure) 10mm bolts that hold the turbine housing onto the turbo bearing housing. The actuator also has to come off aswell. As for gaskets, main dealer is the obvious choice or somewhere like GSF/Euro Car Parts etc.

Before the turbo goes back on, you will need to prime it with clean oil.