the saga continues

nally

MPG the new BPH
Reaction score
Hi guys

you may remember me putting a deposit down on a 08 a3 sline sp with 58k on it. long story short the dealer lied to me and didnt secure it. any way moving on heres an update.

now found a new one and drove to Hull ( 120mile one way) to take a better look

its on there website
one owner ( company car seen the letter today )
* listed with heated windscreen wrong
I have got it down to £13250

there are a coupe more on trader with more milage for more money this is the cheapest one ( that has drl's)

bad points
has a couple of scrathes one is to the metal.
the leather on drivers side has a small scuff it has just taken the colour off ( not sure if this can be fixed??)
the arm rest lock/ clip thing is broken
rear plastic is scrathed

i would like to put these thing right is this gonna cost me?

is it worth is or is my heat ruling my head

and how do i get the car kit to work?
why dose it not rev over 2500k when stationary ? limp mode

plus sides
it has drls
the wheels and tyres are like new
it has audi mats
car insurance are gonna refund me £50 yeah

VehicleDetails

its secured to me but i dont know if i should go for it they wont budge from £13250
pic of scrathes look like it was somthing to long for boot
DSC00053.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

I didnt know an 08 had DRL led's ?

Facelift came in on the 58 plates iirc.

It does look good for the price and drl's will save you a fortune rather than retrofitting I believe.

I can't help on the costs of repair sorry...

Looks like a nice car. Maybe added up the realistic cost of putting all the bad points up right and put it to the sellers, see if that could budge the price if you aren't happy with it. If its a audi dealer your buying from get them to change the armrest lid - retail at £70.

Rev'ing to 2500 rpm at stationary is a safety feature so I believe, nothing to worry about.

its a car super market called quicks thats why i am trying to get them to budge am i expecting too much for the money?

Seems qite a lot
This is a main dealer Bolton Audi (25 miles from Liverpool)

showreel.png

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI

£13,880
RegisteredMay 2009Mileage24,413*TransmissionManualFuel typeDieselExteriorPhantom BlackInteriorBlack

Those scratches are usually a sign of high miles .Check it further

Let me start by saying that a lovely looking car! But I'm with Lingy on this one, I've got an ex company car and when I checked the mileage using VOSA it was clocking 30,000 miles a year! So I mean there's no harm in looking into it further.

Let me start by saying that a lovely looking car! But I'm with Lingy on this one, I've got an ex company car and when I checked the mileage using VOSA it was clocking 30,000 miles a year! So I mean there's no harm in looking into it further.

how do i do that?

can any audi check this if i give them the registration plate?

IIRC you can have a look in vcds / vag com .I would get the service booklet and contact the dealer who serviced the car .If maraculously theres no service book walk away

nice car lingy! i'm sure breakers yard will have those parts for cheap?

and for the car, it's looks very neat...if vosa and audi service check gives positive results then go for it.

also, 58 = 09 (early)

IIRC you can have a look in vcds / vag com .I would get the service booklet and contact the dealer who serviced the car .If maraculously theres no service book walk away

its audi up to 38k and they did the recent one ill ring thats audi dealer and find out. good idear the manager has dropped me a mail today to let me know hes gonna look at the car tomorrow. and hopfully we can take it from there.

i do like it just want to make sure i can fix it. i am going to try and speak to the old owner ( found a letter in the service book from when he ordered it with the company name. see if he is willing to tell meif theres anything up with it i cant see him not helping. )

sorry i have not replied quicker i have been climbing all day. and ive just got in

i have mentioned this in another post but its worrying me because i dont know anything about it. i went to rev the car when it was stationary after being on a miniute or so and the turbo made a funny wistle and would not rev over 2500rpm when i asked why the car sales person said possibly a limp mode. is this normal? the cars getting preped as we speak so a quick reply would be great. :3sadwalk:

Some safety feature not rev'ing over 2500rpm in stationary so I believe. Not sure on the whistling noise. Surely the car had an inspection by the garage before its gone on sale?

you never know with these big car super markets. they couldnt even open the bonnet lol.
emailed them tonight just waiting for an update on the prep.

cheers mate cant wait now. just gutted over the plastics

Drl's come on when you unlock it like a guide home feature? it was parked facing the other way when i unlocked it

Armrest is roughly £70-80 my clip is broken too and you have to buy the whole top cover which is in leather, unless your isn't that's what I was told from Audi just to give you an idea. My boot is the same too with scratches in the plastic annoys me like hell let us know if you do sort that one out, is a very nice car by the way.

they are replacing the arm rest for me. i know i hate those type of scraches they really stand out.

oh yeah forgot too ask are they they the nicer rear lights or the older ones ?

ahh. but i must admit you look on auto trader 98% of 08 are the 8p2. so they may be just before sept or somthing.

so basicaly i have timed it right for my budget. love it when you get the first addions of facelift cars throw your plate on em hide your mot sticker everone thinks there new