n249 location asap

leonski

Reaction score
2005 A3 2.0 T fsi quattro
symptoms - emissions light , turbo chatter noise.
vagcom - N249 mechanical malfunction

As above, can anyone tell me where the N249 is? also, any other ideas as to what could be wrong?

Thanks

Number 23 on there mate.

Cheers mate, so it's attached to the turbo. Does that mean I access it from underneath then?
Would this cause the chatter noise also? Thanks

Yes, it's normally referred to as the Diverter Valve. You will have a rubber Rev C on your car I expect which will have split. Audi released the Rev D type which is a piston and don't fail. They are around £50 and take 20 mins to change.... Your car will then have it's full boost back and no noise....

You do get to it from underneath.

So that's a diverter valve. An old receipt from previous owner is for a forge diverter valve? Does this change anything?

So that's a diverter valve. An old receipt from previous owner is for a forge diverter valve? Does this change anything?

Depends if he left it on the car... A receipt is one thing... A forge DV on the car is another!!

Is there any way of knowing without looking? There is a strange thin black pipe coming off a junction near the evap sensor then ziptied along the front of the engine from right to left and then goes off down to the left of the engine somewhere? It's obviously not standard so I assumed it must be something to do with the forge dv on the receipt? Any ideas?

Is there any way of knowing without looking? There is a strange thin black pipe coming off a junction near the evap sensor then ziptied along the front of the engine from right to left and then goes off down to the left of the engine somewhere? It's obviously not standard so I assumed it must be something to do with the forge dv on the receipt? Any ideas?

Not really, you will have to see it to know which is fitted.