White smoke after new turbo install

Naj

Reaction score
Had a new turbo fitted last week. Have taken it easy since, not going beyond 3k revs (don't know why as I have 12 months parts and labour warranty!). When I do floor it beyond 3k it smokes really badly. When the last turbo went, it drained all the oil in the space of a few hundred meters (lucky there was no engine damage!) so I figured there must be loads of soot/residue in the exhaust. That is what the garage think too and say to change the exhaust for peace of mind. Coolant and oil levels seem fine. Will the exhaust clear in due course? I'm just worried of the potential hazards of other motorists driving through the smoke.

Take it somewhere quiet (or go out at night when no ones about) and rev the nuts off it for a half hour, this happened in my old 1 series and the garage ran it at high revs for quite a while to clear the oil out of the exhaust. I believe it collects in the cat so getting it replaced could be few hundred quid

it will clear out,takes time .........make sure the breather on top of the engine is clear.

Thanks, will find somewhere quiet and drive it hard.

Yeap as above, oil in cat etc needs burning away, tbh I cleaned mine out immediately with some liquid to break down the oil, thus 1 good burst cleaned it out within seconds, yours seems to be as was when it went, so may take a little longer.