JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

Exclamation Help Please - Rear Bumper Diagram/Plastic Trim Question

Hi guys.

Last week someone ran into the back of my S3 at the lights, and them drove off, tosser. Anyway its just come back from the bodyshop and they have made a right mess of the color match so they are doing it again after finding out there is 4 different tints/shades of Sprint Blue.

Anyway I've notice the black plastic trim that sits on top of the bumper and slides under the boot seal is loose and I suspect they have broken the plastic clips that secure it. Can anyone please put up a S3 SB bumper diagram/breakdown that shows this plastic trim? As I need to know how it fits, and if it clips on to the bumper once its place on the car, or before.

Has anyone dealt with this trim, how it fits etc? Any advice appreciated!

Thanks
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    This is the bit I'm talking about...

S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Also, a part number & price would be good!

Build Thread Here!

1st Gear

Status
    i put one on my car 2 weeks ago i think there are 2 bolts from memory that are exposed behind pop out covers and a 10mm nut. BUT ! there is a part that is bonded to the bumper and i think it is all related ! probably not much help but that's all i got ,

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Ok cheers mate. Anyone got any more info. Like does the bumper need coming off to fit/remove it? Thanks

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Has anyone got a EKTA/ELSA (?) exploded diagram? Thanks

Build Thread Here!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Has anyone got a EKTA/ELSA (?) exploded diagram? Thanks
    You could try pm Khufu or NHN for diagrams.

6th Gear

Status
    is the diagram arrow on the bumper or the bit on the body, the body part is clipped on with spring clips. would need to check of bumper parts
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Thanks mate, its the black plastic part that sits on top of the bumper, wouldd be great if you could look for me.

Build Thread Here!

1st Gear

Status
    this is the bit i was talking about .

audi a3 2004-2009 rear bumper support 8p4807385 | eBay

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Wow! Is that it!? I thought it would just be a little strip?!

Build Thread Here!

6th Gear

Status

item 5?
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Yep, thats it mate! Thanks. Have you got that image as a high res/bigger? Also, you dont know the part number/cost for a 2010 S3 Sportsback do you? Thanks again!

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Sorry I take it the correct part number is:
    8P4 807 421

Thanks

Build Thread Here!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The part is removable & can be changed for new, it does need bumper of tbh & it does clip into position, done myself.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Thanks mate. I'll get on to BS to replace it.

Build Thread Here!