Help Please - Rear Bumper Diagram/Plastic Trim Question

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Last week someone ran into the back of my S3 at the lights, and them drove off, tosser. Anyway its just come back from the bodyshop and they have made a right mess of the color match so they are doing it again after finding out there is 4 different tints/shades of Sprint Blue.

Anyway I've notice the black plastic trim that sits on top of the bumper and slides under the boot seal is loose and I suspect they have broken the plastic clips that secure it. Can anyone please put up a S3 SB bumper diagram/breakdown that shows this plastic trim? As I need to know how it fits, and if it clips on to the bumper once its place on the car, or before.

Has anyone dealt with this trim, how it fits etc? Any advice appreciated!

This is the bit I'm talking about...

image_img.png

Also, a part number & price would be good! :)

i put one on my car 2 weeks ago i think there are 2 bolts from memory that are exposed behind pop out covers and a 10mm nut. BUT ! there is a part that is bonded to the bumper and i think it is all related ! :think:probably not much help but that's all i got , :icon_thumright:

Ok cheers mate. Anyone got any more info. Like does the bumper need coming off to fit/remove it? Thanks

Has anyone got a EKTA/ELSA (?) exploded diagram? Thanks

is the diagram arrow on the bumper or the bit on the body, the body part is clipped on with spring clips. would need to check of bumper parts

Thanks mate, its the black plastic part that sits on top of the bumper, wouldd be great if you could look for me.

Wow! Is that it!? I thought it would just be a little strip?! :(

Yep, thats it mate! Thanks. Have you got that image as a high res/bigger? Also, you dont know the part number/cost for a 2010 S3 Sportsback do you? Thanks again!

Sorry I take it the correct part number is:
8P4 807 421

Thanks

The part is removable & can be changed for new, it does need bumper of tbh & it does clip into position, done myself.

Thanks mate. I'll get on to BS to replace it.