Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Car in for service - Courtesy Car?

Okay, well my car's going in for it's service next week. I could do with a courtesy car. But Im not sure how it works! It went in for some gearbox warranty work early this year, and they offered me a courtesy car, but they said that they would have to make a few phone calls to sort the insurance - because Im under 25.

However, this time, I suppose I will have to pay for the courtesy car? (What cost is it? How will the insurance work? etc.)

2009 '09' A3 1.6 Sport, Ibis White, Privacy Glass, Ipod Dock

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Addict...

Status
    It'll probably be a small fee but nothing to write home about. I reckon £50 tops... Alhough i am yet to experience an Audi service...
    '59 A3 Sportback 1.8 T FSI Sport S-Tronic Ibis White

3rd Gear

Status
    Had mine in today for service & MOT. I am 25 and they gave me an 11 plate 2.0 TDI white A6 for the day free of charge. Blackburn Audi.

TFSI Addict...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    Had mine in today for service & MOT. I am 25 and they gave me an 11 plate 2.0 TDI white A6 for the day free of charge. Blackburn Audi.
    Nice! I would have wanted to keep it lol
    '59 A3 Sportback 1.8 T FSI Sport S-Tronic Ibis White

1st Gear

Status
    Be very very carefull when taking a courtesy car . I believe the excess is £1000.00 , it was last year when i enquired.

1st Gear

Status
    Also forgot to say i'm well over 25 ....lol

4th Gear

Status
    22 and got an A1 Sline courtesy car for £10. Covered on Audis insurance
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

1st Gear

Status
    I'm not saying you cant get a courtesy car , everything has a price, Next time ask how much the excess is tho . You might be surprised.

Neutral

Status
    Aviva tend to cover you if you need a curtosey car with your STD excess so check with your provider!I had a car from Stirling i didnt need to pay just had to sign some docs guess that had a huge excess also although i beleive you can pay £10 - £20 to reduce it to nothing!

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    You will need to book a loan car so if you want one give them a ring. As said, excess is a £1k but the garage has to pay £4k if they claim so £1k is not bad. Thay said i curbed a TT last time i borrowed a car and it cost me £500 ....lol
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

3rd Gear

Status
    The excess on the A6 they gave me was £250. Showed me all the paperwork and everything before I drove it away. Must say it was a nice car but glad to get the S3 back.

All in all fantastic service by Blackburn Audi, miles away from what I am used to having always had Vauxhalls previously!

When I take my car in for service and have a courtesy car I've always covered it on my normal car insurance. This means I have my normal £300 excess. A phone call is usually all that's required.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Silver MY10 S3

Status
    My car had it's first service last week & the A1 I was given had a £1K excess. They said for a £10 fee this could be reduced to £250, fortunately I had no mishaps. Initially they were going to give me an A6 but is was a manual & the size of a bus - no thanx. Karl

Silver MY10 S3

Status
    Forgot to say that collection from my home or work was also a option, which are both 20 miles away from the garage. I didn't go for this after seeing an episode of Police Stop or something, where a TT was clocked doing 120, it then took the coppers 10 minutes to catch it. When they did it was the mechanic returning it to it's owner after being serviced. Nice or what?

Neutral

Status
    A6 big! Nah
    Our A6 went in for some work and they gave us a Q7, now that's big and with the 1k excess I was paranoid with where I parked it.
    To top it off it was a 3.0 tfsi, in sport mode I managed to get 6mpg putting my foot down!

1st Gear

Status
    Okay thanks for the replies fellas.

Erm, phoned up today, booked it in, and I think Im getting an A1 courtesy car. But Ive had to cover it on my own insurance because im under 21. So I phoned my insurance company, and they said they will cover me on it for the day and that was the end of the conversation.

Out of interest, before I pick the courtesy car up, am I meant to phone the insurance company and tell them what day I will have the car and what car it is?? (But the majority of people don't know what car they will get as a courtesy car?) He never asked me...

2009 '09' A3 1.6 Sport, Ibis White, Privacy Glass, Ipod Dock

Neutral

Status
    Yep, ring up the dealership and ask for the model and reg then call the insurance company and give them the details as well as when you want the cover to start and end.

3rd Gear

Status
    They should give you a free coutsesy car unless their one is already out...
    I had it recently with ford - there was a 3 week waiting list for their own courtesey car!
    I had to pay £20 for a Daewoo Matiz just for about 6 hours..

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    I'm 22 and my car has been in and out about 6x at Poole Audi for warranty work. Each time I have been given a courtesy car for free on their insurance with a £250 excess. Poole is quite a big dealership so you have to book a car in advance or just wait for one. Never had any problems.

JEB
    Reverse Gear

Status
    My old car (1.6 A3) went in for a service last year, I was 19 at the time, they gave me a courtesy car free of charge on their own insurance, can't remember the excess exactly, was around £250 or so. They gave me an A5 2.0TDI Sportback, was a very nice car to drive.

I mentioned I needed a courtesy car when I booked it in for the service, didn't tell them my age at the time, when I dropped it off and picked the courtesy up the guy who was dealing with me said he doesn't think he can give me one because of my age. I said I did need one as I was driving about for work that day, he spoke with his boss, rang their insurance company and came back to me saying it was all sorted and went to get the car for me. That was at Cambridge Audi, I pushed them into letting me keep the car until the next day!

A3 2.0TDI Sportback S-Line

Status

My Social Networking

Follow _GRP_ On Twitter Visit _GRP_'s Instagram Channel
    I had a TT the other week when mine was in for a service, £10 Insurance with Audi, £250 excess

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    i was told its £10 a day with Docklands Audi to cover insurance... i have my car booked in for a diagnostics...
    god knows how long they will take as its going to rack up a bill!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

1st Gear

Status
    had a white a3 when mine went in fro a service, im 21 and paid £8 for the audi insurance for the 2 days i had it
    A3 2.0TDi 170 S Line Brilliant Black

Plans: FBMFSW, RNSE MkII, S3 Diffuser and Skirts, OEM Bi-Xenon