3 door passenger door will not open

I15GOD

Reaction score
Apologies all if this has turned up in any other thread…

I have a 2004 54 reg a3 3door 2.0 tdi sport

Passed its MOT last week with no advisories :icon_thumright: all is good then… until this evening when I unlocked my car, put some stuff in the boot, got into the drivers seat all while I thought my other half was just messing around trying to get into the passengers side. After telling her to stop messing around and get in its unlocked she told me she couldn’t open the door, so I tried from the inside… NOTHING. I can’t open the damn door.
The other two open (drivers side and boot) but not the passengers, I can hear it lock and unlock or so I think, the windows work fine, everything is working apart from that.

Anyone had this issue before and if so can you offer any guidance and/or suggestions as to how I can fix it? As usually I would just take the door card of and have a look at the solenoid but with it being shut and cannot open the door I am stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Passenger

Apologies all if this has turned up in any other thread…

I have a 2004 54 reg a3 3door 2.0 tdi sport

Passed its MOT last week with no advisories J; all is good then… until this evening when I unlocked my car, put some stuff in the boot, got into the drivers seat all while I thought my other half was just messing around trying to get into the passengers side. After telling her to stop messing around and get in its unlocked she told me she couldn’t open the door, so I tried from the inside… NOTHING. I can’t open the damn door.
The other two open (drivers side and boot) but not the passengers, I can hear it lock and unlock or so I think, the windows work fine, everything is working apart from that.

Anyone had this issue before and if so can you offer any guidance and/or suggestions as to how I can fix it? As usually I would just take the door card of and have a look at the solenoid but with it being shut and cannot open the door I am stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This sounds like a similar problem I have been working on a 2000 A4 where it deadbolted the rear doors. We have narrowed it down to the comfort control module (located under the carpet on the passenger footwell - check to see if it's functioning ok and that it doesn't have any water ingress)

I would then use VAG and check for any faults. See what's going down. Then do a system test and go through the cycle. One of the tests will lock and unlock the doors which will also reset the system. (probs do this step first)

Thanks for that, I will have to get one and check. Been meaning to get hold of a vag com. Once got one I will give it a go and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that, I will have to get one and check. Been meaning to get hold of a vag com. Once got one I will give it a go and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Pm Nigel user NHN for vag cable.

Hi, its been a little while but i have VCDS 10.6.4 now and cable. as you can imagine i am a complete novice so was wondering if you could tell me what code i am looking for in relation to the dead lock? also how to rectify?

Thanks in advance...

Tom

Hi all,

Just done a sys check on the car and the door is still stuck. fault code for this is:

Friday,07,October,2011,19:01:52:36838
VCDS Version: Release 10.6.2
Data version: 20101123

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. Labels: 8P0-959-802-MIN1.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 8P0 959 802 E
Component and/or Version: Tuersteuerger. H10 0030
Software Coding: 0000048
Work Shop Code: WSC 06435 000 00000
VCID: 3E78227C562DA3EC
1 Fault Found:

00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)
008 -- Implausible Signal

Can someone please help?

This may help for a start :-http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00929

By the way, assuming it's a genuine cable there is an update to 10.6.5. I found that out today !

I15GOD, did you get the door problem resolved?

I'm having the same problem on my sportback front passenger door. In my case, it will always close with the remote control but cannot always open with it, hence it can be opened from the inside door handle. Disconnecting the battery for 20min makes no difference. I get the same error coding:
1 Fault Found:
00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Please advise.
Thanks.

Locks have microswitches inside, if these get caked with crap, they can go funny, seems you have an intermittant communication error between the door module & the locking mechanism, need to ideally remove the locking part when doors open of course & inspect/test whilst in hand to see if its a loom fault, connectors mucky or just lock faulty.

As for accessing the internals of the door, you may have to use some force to get card of & into the door tbh mate as you cant even access the side of the door where there's an access hole to possibly manually release the lock.

Thanks Nigel, i'll try and get the door card off and test the loom and switches this weekend, weather permitting of course.

UPDATE: I managed to fix my door lock problem, replaced door lock mechanism (part #4F2-837-015). Took me an hour to swapped clear faults on VCDS, fully functional again :) Well chuffed with it.:arco:

Thats a bummer, I had 1 of them for sale iirc lol