Is it worth getting an uprated fuel pump?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a remapped S3 and wonder is it worth getting an uprated fuel pump? I have heard that mid rev range an uprated fuel pump is much better? I thought these would be about £100 - £150 but after doing a quick search APR one is over £600!!! Am I looking at the correct thing? Where/who is best to get one from?

Cheers.

I think you already have a uprated fuel pump. I have heard from several people tha the facelift model (2009-) has a better pump.
Can anyone confirm this?

For Stage2+,the uprated HPFP is still required,as far as any of the specs from Revo etc go.

I agree with Alex - but you can get the internals for about £290 and then about £50 to fit and £50 for the next "dose" of software!

If your going heavy on the map its worth it as any car running linear is when the damage gets done

Were are people getting the uprated internals from? Just starting to look at options for stage 2+. Will be stage 2 in a couple of weeks.
Mine was the Autotech pump internals,supplied and fitted via AMD Essex.
Some people get worried about internals only,but mine has given no problems at all over 30 000 miles,and as long as it's competently assembled in clean conditions,there is no reason why it should....be sure to change the cam follower regularly.

The Autotech internals are around £360 brand new but some GB's bring them down to £300-310

I paid full wack as I needed it pronto :( £360 from AMD and fitted it myself following the instructions provided.

£60 to Revo to remap the car and job done!

I have also purchased the RS4 fuel valve to eliminate top end flat spots which still has to be fitted to the car!

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the replies and it is probably not worth me getting then as I am only going stage one and I assume it won't make that much difference?

Cheers,
Nick

Hi Guys,Many thanks for the replies and it is probably not worth me getting then as I am only going stage one and I assume it won't make that much difference?Cheers,Nick
You won't need it for Stg 1 or Stg 2......it's only at Stg2+ that you will need the HPFP uprated.

You don't need an HPFP for S1 or S2 as the maps for those stages don't demand anything outwith the safe parameters of the standard fuel pump, but from what I've read an uprated HPFP will produce gains even on a standard car.

For anyone looking to buy Autotech HPFP internals, I cannot recommend Robert_Waite highly enough, ..fab price, lovely fella to do business with and Next Day delivery! :wub: x

You don't need an HPFP for S1 or S2 as the maps for those stages don't demand anything outwith the safe parameters of the standard fuel pump, but from what I've read an uprated HPFP will produce gains even on a standard car.

For anyone looking to buy Autotech HPFP internals, I cannot recommend Robert_Waite highly enough, ..fab price, lovely fella to do business with and Next Day delivery! :wub: x

Paullie's exactly right there. Both Statller and Star Performance have the said the same to me. I felt an improvement after having the pump uprated, especially in the mid-range torque, even before the new software was added.