advice on seat upgrade

plezz

Reaction score
hey all, just a quick one.

I've got an SE sportback, and im looking to upgrade to the sport seats. I've found someone selling just the front 2, and they look like the same trim, so in theory all looks good!

but I'm not sure if its a straight swap, if i just unbolt my old seats and replace with the new ( and maybe disconnect and reconnect a wiring loom here or there). does anyone have any experience with this and will be able to offer some advice?

i dont have VAGCOM, and dont want to find i have loads of airbag error lights or something.

also, does it matter if these seats are from a 3dr? I know it means it will have that little release handle on the shoulder of the seat, but that shouldnt be an issue in a sportback should it?

cheers all,

Plezz.

Should be all good! Easy pull out put in. Might have an issue on heated seats, thats only you have an old style heater controls which you wouldn't have AC but most of A3's these days each one has the climate control so no problemo!!

Last edited:
yeah mines not the heated variety, my @rse tends to heat the seats for me anywhere after a few minutes, so i've never needed it.

thanks Blueie.

******, i've just noticed the SE has frequency upholstery, and the Sport has dynamic upholstery, so the seats i've found definately wont be a straight match :(