Badger5AH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Smile advice on seat upgrade

hey all, just a quick one.

I've got an SE sportback, and im looking to upgrade to the sport seats. I've found someone selling just the front 2, and they look like the same trim, so in theory all looks good!

but I'm not sure if its a straight swap, if i just unbolt my old seats and replace with the new ( and maybe disconnect and reconnect a wiring loom here or there). does anyone have any experience with this and will be able to offer some advice?

i dont have VAGCOM, and dont want to find i have loads of airbag error lights or something.

also, does it matter if these seats are from a 3dr? I know it means it will have that little release handle on the shoulder of the seat, but that shouldnt be an issue in a sportback should it?

cheers all,

Plezz.

2. # ADS
    ADS

He who dears' wins!!

Status
    Should be all good! Easy pull out put in. Might have an issue on heated seats, thats only you have an old style heater controls which you wouldn't have AC but most of A3's these days each one has the climate control so no problemo!!
    Last edited by Blueie; 8th September 2011 at 13:30.
    I cant read, an i cant write. But thats ok! Cause im from the west country and i can drive a tractor!

Click here to make clicking sound

1st Gear

Status
    yeah mines not the heated variety, my @rse tends to heat the seats for me anywhere after a few minutes, so i've never needed it.

thanks Blueie.

1st Gear

Status
    bugger, i've just noticed the SE has frequency upholstery, and the Sport has dynamic upholstery, so the seats i've found definately wont be a straight match

He who dears' wins!!

Status
    Bad times!
    I cant read, an i cant write. But thats ok! Cause im from the west country and i can drive a tractor!

Click here to make clicking sound