MOT changes 2012 - Chips and DPFs, response from VOSA

jrsteeve

Reaction score
I emailed VOSA to get a definitive response over the rumours, and also statement on their website, about checking for chips, remaps and DPF deletes. Resonse below:

"There will be quite a few changes to the MOT test next year but checking the mapping or "chipping" of ECUs is not included. A visual check to see if the emission control equipment has been modified is included in Directive 2010/48/EU but has not been considered a valid inspection as most are hidden under covers or behind trim etc and it is not always obvious that they have been modified (e.g electronically)..

I do not know of any future intention to include it but that is not to say that it will not happen at some time in the future.

I hope this information has assisted you with your enquiry, but if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again. "

=
:sm4:

Vosa came to my work yesterday to tell me Of all the changes and the gave us a leaflet and they said we will know all the changes by october, but yes hids with no levellers or washers, insecure battery, chips , airbag lights. All failures

Vosa came to my work yesterday to tell me Of all the changes and the gave us a leaflet and they said we will know all the changes by october, but yes hids with no levellers or washers, insecure battery, chips , airbag lights. All failures

I printed off the updates off of the VOSA site - wait for the "but it passed last year" speech LOL

Chips? How's that a failure?

chips in car are great danger

trip+to+Rexford,+play,+chips+in+car+055.jpg

they can go under brake and cause accident or make your leg slip on acceleration pedal and result in breaking speed limit :ninja:

Chips come under the new obesity regulations concerning fat people and small cars.