Why oh why???

orfink

Reaction score
Not sure why I decided to put this up, normally I'd just slip away quietly, however many of you have been so supportive over my rather short lived time on here I felt it only fair to say my farewells :(

As some of you may know I bought the S3 at the end of June to replace my Cooper S, a good move, or so I thought.....

I returned from holiday at the end of August to find some kind (read into that what you will) person had decided to put a ****** great dent in the bonnet, deliberately (that was the body shop, not me saying that). Anyhoo, not very happy (as you wouldn't be) I took the S3 into said body shop and voila, all fixed and looking lovely again :kissmyrings:

Last night I got back from work and found that someone had decided to start nicking bits off the car, thankfully only a centre cap and the rear tow hitch cover, but I'm sorry to say enough is enough.

Having spent most of last night waiting for their return, with a rather large bat and plenty of red mist hanging over me, I've decided that NO car is worth this, so with what may be much regrets I'm going to be selling up :(

I am honestly, absolutely gutted!!! I'm a petrol head through and through, I've always had either cars or bikes as my toys, but I simply cannot and will not sustain the costs associated to this type of spineless, pointless behaviour.

Ian

Shame to hear this. Have you thought about some fake / real camera positioned so they are seen to deter???

Shame to hear this. Have you thought about some fake / real camera positioned so they are seen to deter???
I have given to camera option some consideration, up side to this is my dad provides high security camera's to the MOD etc, so dare say I could get some decent kit from him. Again, my only concern is, is this what it has come to??? Security cameras on your house to protect your own property???

Dave, I dread to think what would have happened had they decided to come back last night!!! I'm not known for my patience!!!! :angrymod:

Unfortunately now the riots are over the theft of goods will be focussed on Joe Public again (esp. as the ebay money runs out from sales of stolen goods), and lets face it you end up in court if you riot,whereas there is absolutely no repurcussion to stealing from Joe Public - it's free money.

Inclined to say don't sell, but when you can't rest easy you have to ask 'why bother with the extra stress?. A beloved possession can become a poison chalice when it's regularly targetted by these sort of mindless opportunists. Best of luck with whatever you end up with mate.

S***BAGS!

Is this someone playing a practical joke on you, someone genuinely having a bit of hatred or possibly a one off theft?

Don't let these people get to you. As mentioned above, its your property, you shouldn't feel you have to lower yourself to give in to these scum bags. I can only reiterate what has been said above, cameras will help deter and if not, help capture the criminals who may cause further vandalism/theft. Cameras alongside strong lighting will help greatly.

Don't get rid of something you love because of someone else's spite is all I can say!

Ever thought about moving to a better area?

That may sound cheeky but that's what I did when I suffered the same problem. I had lived in a nice flat in an okay area for 7 years, however in the last 3 years it became a regular thing for cars to have wing mirrors kicked off, windows smashed, doors kicked in etc. It got to the point that every time I heard the slightest noise I would be up at the window, claw hammer at the ready checking my cars were okay. Last year we decided to move house, wanting to bring our son up away from the scum had more to do with it than anything else. My wife and I both down graded our cars and put the money towards a house in a better area. Next year we should be able to upgrade again and will sleep soundly knowing that if any cars going to get it, it'll probably be the next door neighbours Porsche. :)

sorry to be reading this... its a shame that lowlifes would ruin someone else's hard earned money the way they do
but lets face it mate... almost any car you get would have this... i have seen old school Mercs have their standing mercedes badge knicked off their bonnet... peugeot 206's had their rear wipers knicked cos of the smooth look it has.

its not just the car but ultimately the opportunist that will carry on committing the crime just because the car (regardless of what it is) is valuable and the criminal sees easy money! its sickening to see how low some people will go to get some money

i would say get the security sorted out... its sad that you need to get security on your own home but if it is needed then just get it done.

If you really do love the Car, do everything in your power to keep her. It would be a real shame for some low life to get there way and make you loose your pride and joy

Bat + Camera = Keep S3 or buy a big ******* dog!! trust me it works. :yes: dont let these pikeys get the better of you! your life do what YOU want..

sorry to hear about this mate. theres always someone out to damage property or steal from you.

It sounds like it either targeted, or as a result of the local area. Either way, it won't matter what car you replace it with, it sounds like it too will be doomed from the start.

Sounds to me like investing in further security, or moving area.

c00n, thats a bit off aint it? As if its easy to move to a decent area. Top end areas are still expensive despite what the media tell you. Rich people don't get poor because the economy goes down, that's for poor people to get poorer.

Step back for a moment and have a think, why is this happening ? are the kids going to be bothered whether you drive an S3 or a cooper S ? You could probably leave your push bike out there and they would have it. I lost some centre caps from my last A3 and i caught the kids doing it. They were no more than 8-9 years old and i live in the surrey stockbroker belt. You need £500k minimum for a house with a garage here so dont think moving is your answer. My guess is they will be bored and move on and you will have sold a decent car and bought a banger for nothing. Have an ask about , neighbours, youth club, have the police had any other reports from the area ? that sort of thing ..you will not find anything but word will spread that you are looking for them and that might just be enough. stick with it mate, i dont think its the car thats your problem

c00n
A totally un called for first post. An offensive user name and a crap attitude. I dont think we really need comments like that from people like you here.

sorry to hear about this matey its a shame we cant have the things we love just because of the little toe rags around nowadays ive thought about selling my car a few times but have been talked out of it lol , im sure things will work out for the best in the end , hope nothing else like this happens again if you do decide to keep your car and if you get a new car that nothing happens to that one too

Sorry to hear about this mate. Just wanted to know do u park it on a drive or on the road. If on drive install a very bright floodlight with PIR sensor, this usually deters them b@st*rds! Also like others have said i would agree stick with the car and dont tell them g*ts win. I really do hope you catch them with ur baseball bat, coz i would be doing exactly the same thing if it happened to me (like you i'm not know for my patience lol). Hope it all works out mate.

Thanks for all the support guys, was a bit of a busy afternoon and didn't get chance to get online when I got home last night, so unfortunately, or fortunately I missed the post from c00n :3sadwalk:

I'm not 100% on what way I'm going to go yet, first thing is to pick up the required parts which I'm going to do today, then a long hard think about it the weekend, if I decide to sell then it won't be replaced. I'm lucky enough to have a company funded car as well, so don't actually need the S3, just something I choose to have for a bit of me time :yes:

Having spoken with my dad last night, he's agreed to get me a couple of cameras and a DVR on loan (freebie) so hopefully short term it should keep them at bay, at least until the fate of the S3 is decided. The :busted_cop: were round last night, though as expected there isn't anything they can do at the moment apart from file the report, didn't hope for anything more really, just going through the processes.

Will keep you posted on which way I go.

Well I thought it only fair to let you all know, have made the decision on the fate of the S3, not in its favour though I'm afraid :crying:

After many a sleepless night the last week or so, and numerous discussions with my better half, I decided not to keep it.

It's a shame, but the way things are I'd rather it went to someone who will use it and not hide it away in the fear of something else happening, so on Friday I will drive the S3 for the very last time.

Just wanted to say farewell to you all, I appreciate it's been short lived, but the help, kind words and enthusiasm will be long remembered.

You never know, I may go back down the Audi route at some stage in the future!!

Ian :bye:

Its disgraceful that you should have to have your life dictated by others. I do tend to belive in Karma so fingers crossed...

Some one stole my tow-eye cover at some point when I was away in July... who does that? What scummy little mink can somehow afford an S3, but will STEAL from me, rather than pay Audi the £16 it cost me to replace it? I reckon if you caught the thief on tape, you should be allowed to just beat on them with your bat until you feel they'd had enough.

thats ****** disusting. i have when pople have to sell up though no fault of there own. robbing little T&!ts

i used to have a black 206 gti and it was my bad luck car. some ****ebag broke my wing mirror. then somone craked the rear light and the rear quater out. it was my first car and i was devistated :nunu:

Thanks for all the support guys, was a bit of a busy afternoon and didn't get chance to get online when I got home last night, so unfortunately, or fortunately I missed the post from c00n :3sadwalk:

I'm not 100% on what way I'm going to go yet, first thing is to pick up the required parts which I'm going to do today, then a long hard think about it the weekend, if I decide to sell then it won't be replaced. I'm lucky enough to have a company funded car as well, so don't actually need the S3, just something I choose to have for a bit of me time :yes:

Having spoken with my dad last night, he's agreed to get me a couple of cameras and a DVR on loan (freebie) so hopefully short term it should keep them at bay, at least until the fate of the S3 is decided. The :busted_cop: were round last night, though as expected there isn't anything they can do at the moment apart from file the report, didn't hope for anything more really, just going through the processes.

Will keep you posted on which way I go.

You shouldn't have to do this but, if your S3 is just a toy for you and you don't need it as a daily? Is it possible to keep it around at your parents house or somewhere similar, i know it would be a pain in the **** having to travel to pick the car up when you want to use but you have a company car so it's not like getting on the bus?

Just a thought, or maybe rent a garage and have the company car on the street?

It's a **** take you have to do this but that's the society we live in now. My motor isn't an S3 but i take pride in it and I'm always paranoid about leaving it anywhere, even on my drive as it's at the side of a main road and dregs drive past and can see it sat there.

EDIT: Just read your post, shame you feel as if you have to get rid mate.

getting rid of it is silly if you ask me - you've had a dent in your bonnet (kids jumping on it) and a few thing nicked off it

this is not uncommon across the uk, it's part of being a little more successful than others

Such a shame. I know a guy on another forum that's going through the same thing with a TTS at the moment. Feels he has to sell because some thieving scum stole his mirrors then came back the next week and broke into his house to get the keys for the car. The cars a constant worry so he feels he needs to get something more discreet.

I'm actually wondering if the colour has something to do with it. I know that sounds strange but my friend had an orange GT3 RS and people used to spit at it and constantly give him abuse. Changed to a white R8 and no more abuse. Perhaps another S3 in a less show off colour might attract less attention. Just a thought.

getting rid of it is silly if you ask me - you've had a dent in your bonnet (kids jumping on it) and a few thing nicked off it

this is not uncommon across the uk, it's part of being a little more successful than others

Trust me it wasn't caused by kids jumping on it, going by the impact point it was either a large stone or a hammer, definitely deliberate!!

If it were my only car then I may have looked at it differently, but as it's my 2nd car and the 3rd between two of us then I see no point to keep something just to get it abused.

I'm actually wondering if the colour has something to do with it. I know that sounds strange but my friend had an orange GT3 RS and people used to spit at it and constantly give him abuse. Changed to a white R8 and no more abuse. Perhaps another S3 in a less show off colour might attract less attention. Just a thought.

You may well be right and if I'd thought about it I may have been a little more selective with the colour, but it's done now, it was a great car for the short time I owned it.

Such a shame. I know a guy on another forum that's going through the same thing with a TTS at the moment. Feels he has to sell because some thieving scum stole his mirrors then came back the next week and broke into his house to get the keys for the car. The cars a constant worry so he feels he needs to get something more discreet.

Thats why i am not debadging mine some scum bag may think its an s3. for gods sake some of these chavs are mongs. i had a 300c when my dodge went in and some chav shouted to his made " lad look at that bently"