STS (man on wheels) SLOW PUNCTURE

herrmax

Reaction score
I have a slow puncture on my front near side wheel at 35 psi i lose 15 psi over 2 days . so i took the car to STS and the fella said that he could not take the tyre off to re-valve it because the tyre was the wrong side for the rim , company policy ! i said i bet you'd take it off i wanted to buy a new one he said YES , hahaha (not at your prices mate) but he would have to put a bigger tyre on it, FAIL . so anyone in the medway area help me out please ? oh and it passed it's first MOT today no problem !? go figure !!:sorry:

I live in Medway area and I have had 2 punctures so far this year and **** fit in Gravesend fixed mine no questions asked.

thanks might try the one in gillingham then , :thumbsup:

I take it you mean wrong size for rim LOL, I was a bit confused there. Either they've probably been sued etc in the past for fitting wrong size etc & now wont take the chance or just reluctant to get several bodies round it to get the ****** off for just the price of a puncture. I've had punctures to do on low profile tyres that have taken two of us 30 mins to sort, all for £10!! We are £36+VAT an hour, do the maths!!

So i have now been to 3 garages and still no one will take my tyre off :keule:as it is stretched :no: makes me wonder how it ever got on there in the first place :think:

i get my tyres done in East london, no questions asked and they will fit whatever you want... obviously if it doesn't fit they will just laugh at you!
i have had no issues with fitting stretched tyres on my previous MK4 Golf.

Also part of the problem can be re-inflating them when flat. The tyre's bead doesn't sit next to the rim so when you try to pop it back on the just hisses out of the gaps either side instead of inflating.

khufu that is the problem the other day i heard the air coming out between the rim and tyre and when i pushed the side wall it stopped.