Standard non MFSW replaced by a TT FBMFSW? HELP

Rob-Quattro

Reaction score
Hello all, sorry if this has already been posted and if it has can someone direct me with a link.. but...

I have a standard S-line steering wheel on my A3 8P 2007 with no multi function on it and my friend has offered me his Flat bottom multi function wheel off his Mk2 3.2 TT.

What will I require if anything to fit it and make the functions work and will it even fit directly? It will come with the airbag complete.

Also if it requires Vag com does anyone have this around the cambridgeshire area?

Thanks in advanced Rob

Last edited:
Provided you have a 'highline' DIS you will need a suitable steering control module.

The wheel will only change radio channels OR cd tracks depending on what you are using at the time together with adjust the volume.

DIS is the Driver Information System in the dash between the rev counter and speedo. A 'highline' DIS is one that shows info in three sections, the top one being radio/cd/phone information.

The steering control module is under the steering column inside the lower cowling and determines what additional facilities can be accommodated like on board computer, cruise control and or multi function steering wheel. There are dozens of different versions and only two or maybe three will support the mfsw. If you need another one they are about £150 - £180 from Audi.

Forgot to mention that you will also need it coding with VCDS (vagcom)

Thank you for your patients, Ill understand all theses terms eventually.

On my DIS i had three sections which hopefully means its a 'highline', The car came with satnav and cruise control if that effects it at all?

If i wanted to just fit the FB TT wheel for the time being without use of the multi function is that a direct swap and possible? Or will I still need to purchase something?

I can then sort the multi functions out at a later date and when I have some spare cash incase I need to spend a few hundred.

The good news is that if the car came with factory fitted satnav and cruise control then it is very likely that you will have the correct steering module ! Yes that is a 'highline' DIS - shows mpg etc. etc. in the bottom section; outside temperature in the middle and radio/cd info at the top.

The wheel will physically fit but the TT has a different airbag and I'm not sure about the wiring harness for the airbag and multi-function bit ! It probably depends on what year your car is and what year the TT is.

Nothing is ever straightforward with Audis - you'll soon figure that out !