Volks AutosChris Nott
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Thinking of upgrading... 8L to 8P

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyW19 View Post
    Got it in one!
    Please read my later post about the RS6 and B7 RS4.

2. # ADS
    ADS

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by damo.h View Post
    Joke!!
    Its what's known as a simile, something your average 8L owner obviously fails to grasp.

I will give you a few minutes to google simile for a reply
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules86 View Post
    Correction

My car will do 0-60 in a tad over 5 secs, not many cars beat it but then i dont go about racing, ill leave that to the 8L's

Because i bought the car for me and use the power when i want to. I dont need to impress anyone as i know its quicker than most, if im in the mood and its safe to do so i will have some fun, as a Focus RS i left behind found out.

Seems the 8L is driven by chavvy traffic light racers. I would sell up ASAP mate.

The posts were several apart and both meant something different. I do not go about racing. I dont get in the car to look for others to race, ever. I do enjoy my car, sometimes with other people as long as its safe, this is most often when they initiate it. I also dont do traffic light launches and i will let most cars go on their way.
    I was just talking about the differences between our edits, mine doesn't miss out any key info, yours does. But it doesn't matter, it's only ASN..

6th Gear

Status
    Its what's known as a simile, something your average 8L owner obviously fails to grasp.

Never mind simile, that was a smiley
    FAIL

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    I was just talking about the differences between our edits, mine doesn't miss out any key info, yours does. But it doesn't matter, it's only ASN..
    Yours does though, firstly the gap between the posts, the carefully highlighted texts and the removal of parts which make them look like they are said in one sentence.

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Never mind simile, that was a smiley
    FAIL
    Thats correct. Well done, that's a smiley at the end of my sentence. Where was the fail?

2nd Gear

Status
    Please read my later post about the RS6 and B7 RS4.
    No thanks. I honestly can't be bothered to read this pathetic argument amongst the 8L and 8P owners. If you seriously think your Vauxhall Nova is as good as a 61 Plate Audi S3... I pity you.

Get a grip.
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3 Sport View Post
    Ive not read most of this thread, I cant be bothered.

But put it this way, anyone with an 8P can buy an 8L S3. Why didnt they? Because they genuinely believe that the 8P is a better car, so its a daft thread really.
    How can they?? You the majority of 8p owners pay monthly so probably didn't have a pile of cash to buy a motor in the first place.

1st Gear

Status
    Already said it, they come out with the finance argument for some reason. Dont think they understand some people dont want to spend thousands of their money in one go and prefer the spread out payments of a finance deal or Loan for a small bit of interest this convenience has.
    Well that's fair enough, I have never had a car on finance, and dont have any plans of. I would rather pay cars off in full, so that when I drive it off, it's mine.

But to be fair, I could buy an 8L S3 for the price of a years worth of insurance! haha

2009 '09' A3 1.6 Sport, Ibis White, Privacy Glass, Ipod Dock

6th Gear

Status
    No thanks. I honestly can't be bothered to read this pathetic argument amongst the 8L and 8P owners. If you seriously think your Vauxhall Nova is as good as a 61 Plate Audi S3... I pity you.

Get a grip.
    Or more likely, you can't read..

Last time I checked, I didn't own, nor have I ever owned, a Nova..

And this from a man with a 1.4... I think they actually did a Nova with a bigger engine..

2nd Gear

Status
    Well that's fair enough, I have never had a car on finance, and dont have any plans of. I would rather pay cars off in full, so that when I drive it off, it's mine.

But to be fair, I could buy an 8L S3 for the price of a years worth of insurance! haha
    Very true matey and I agree with the finance - Better to buy the car! Don't get me started on the Insurance though!!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status

I agree, my deposit was more than a decent 8L S3. i have owned all my cars before this. But buying a property at 23 means i didnt have many years to build up as much money as i would like, so sold the car and financed this with money i had left.

1st Gear

Status
    How can they?? You the majority of 8p owners pay monthly so probably didn't have a pile of cash to buy a motor in the first place.
    Because the finance will need a deposit - probably more than the 8L S3 is worth.

Anyway, if they can afford to pay off an 8P S3, Im sure they can take out a car loan for roughly £2k-£3k, and buy an 8L S3...

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel

I agree with the buying a car in full comment, but omg if you pay more than 3k for insurance a year!!
    LOL at that one....

2nd Gear

Status

Someone spat their dummy out? Hahaa good come back.. I clearly can.

It basically is one though isnt it

DVLA Say it's Black

Status

Dah, Take it you mean smiley

You miss interpreted me when I said JOKE !!

Nogaro S3

Status
    Why is it that some people with newer cars think they are better than older ones without any real reason.

im not aiming this at anyone but i see this all the time when i tell people the age of my car, its probably better ewuiped than theres anyway, 8L's can be just as reliable if well maintained.

To the OP: Just choose what you like not what everyone else likes, at the end of the day you drive it and live with it, dont saddle yourself with debt to please others, if you dont want the debt just buy a cheaper car like the 8L

6th Gear

Status
    Someone spat their dummy out? Hahaa good come back.. I clearly can.

It basically is one though isnt it
    Nope, just a standard response to someone saying I own a Nova.. Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice (this is a sarcastic comment, and should not be wrongfully edited to put into a signature)

DVLA Say it's Black

Status

Are you 12 it's a 1.4 you girl

2nd Gear

Status

And this from a man with a 1.4... I think they actually did a Nova with a bigger engine..
    Im 18 - What car did you have when you were my age? Anyways it's got a turbo.. so it's alright actually Shouldn't you be doing something more useful.. like putting in the AA recovery number into your Nokia 3310?

6th Gear

Status
    Im 18 - What car did you have when you were my age? Anyways it's got a turbo.. so it's alright actually Shouldn't you be doing something more useful.. like putting in the AA recovery number into your Nokia 3310?
    I'm 19, and have had my A3 for over a year..

1st Gear

Status
    Nope, just a standard response to someone saying I own a Nova.. Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice (this is a sarcastic comment, and should not be wrongfully edited to put into a signature)
    Yeah should of got the Nova, at least thats not trying to be something it isnt... haha

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Dah, Take it you mean smiley

You miss interpreted me when I said JOKE !!
    Wow, i was joking when i said you wont understand what a simile is, but you really don't. Epic Fail

Nogaro S3

Status
    you pay 5-6K for insurance..... they mush have seen you coming lol unless you are getting A3 and S3 mixed up? your insurance could be around 2K

2nd Gear

Status
    Are you 12 it's a 1.4 you girl
    18 Actually. Not bad for an 18 year old with a 1.4 Turbo under the bonnet? Get a grip.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah should of got the Nova, at least thats not trying to be something it isnt... haha
    It appears your sig says '1.6 sport' /End argument

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    Because the finance will need a deposit - probably more than the 8L S3 is worth.

Anyway, if they can afford to pay off an 8P S3, Im sure they can take out a car loan for roughly £2k-£3k, and buy an 8L S3...
    So Yr using prices from the lower end of the bracket for this augment!
    In that case you should of got a proper car then

2nd Gear

Status
    Hahaa! Yeah!

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    I'm 19, and have had my A3 for over a year..
    Now your sig isn't funny as its two separate posts, although still cleverly edited, so no idea why you kept it?

6th Gear

Status
    Hahaa! Yeah!

s3 pedals?? pot.calling.kettle.black?

2nd Gear

Status
    Haha someone getting nasty? Get real mate, he could buy 5 of yours if he wanted to - Shows what he thinks that he's gone for his NEW A3 1.6 over that haha

6th Gear

Status
    Now your sig isn't funny as its two separate posts, although still cleverly edited, so no idea why you kept it?
    It's not cleverly edited, i've just chosen not to include the bit where you call 8L owners chavs, as it's not relevant to your 8P racing comments

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    It is as you used all your power from standstill. Racing from lights is chavvy.

6th Gear

Status
    Haha someone getting nasty? Get real mate, he could buy 5 of yours if he wanted to - Shows what he thinks that he's gone for his NEW A3 1.6 over that haha
    Nah, the Nova comment was harsh..

Anyway, I'm out. I've got work to do.

1st Gear

Status
    So Yr using prices from the lower end of the bracket for this augment!
    In that case you should of got a proper car then
    Haha I should have got a proper car? Sorry for the slow reply, I just couldnt stop myself laughing. Go away and trade yours in for a 1.2 Clio if you can afford the extra! Haha

2nd Gear

Status
    It's not cleverly edited, i've just chosen not to include the bit where you call 8L owners chavs, as it's not relevant to your 8P racing comments
    Hahaha they are though arn't they Scrape to get a Nova I mean an old S3 and think there mint.. yeah your not a chav..

2nd Gear

Status
    Nah, the Nova comment was harsh..

Anyway, I'm out. I've got work to do.
    Harsh but true im afraid. Oh well, shame I was enjoying making you look... Don't worry I wont keep you from your community service.

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    As soon as some people that are not 8L owners post he runs off

1st Gear

Status
    Yes it does. I dont see your point? Ive said that I could afford your car and for that matter a new S3 (but try getting insured at my age), mines genuinely better, or it wouldnt be worth more would it?

Come back when you can afford a proper S3 and I will take your comments seriously.

2nd Gear

Status
    Haha I should have got a proper car? Sorry for the slow reply, I just couldnt stop myself laughing. Go away and trade yours in for a 1.2 Clio if you can afford the extra! Haha
    Hahaa made me laugh! Very true though

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast