AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Thinking of upgrading... 8L to 8P

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    I think the summary is this, most who have made the transition have not looked back.....therefore I would suggest taking one for a drive and making your opinion based on that. That's what sold me, the pop of the exhaust on a DSG box on every change!!, ironic how I ended up with a manual

The reason it's gone off track (this post) is that 'banter' starts which is totally harmless, some take it further, some don't...then everyone gets drawn into a debate which ends with them effectively defending their choices in life - natural progression of a forum thread unfortuntely, this won't change i suspect
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

2. # ADS
    ADS

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules86 View Post
    Would love to see proof of this. How much does the 8L map too?

Warren, we are not arguing. I have no malice or dislike for anyone, including Reesy, i expect he is the same. Forums would be boring and die in months if they were for facts, how many times are the same questions asked every week?

This entertains me at work and at home, as it has for others

Jules, trust me, 8P (unmapped) and 8L mapped is virtually the same mate....I've proven this a few times with my old car

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    I think the summary is this, most who have made the transition have not looked back.....therefore I would suggest taking one for a drive and making your opinion based on that. That's what sold me, the pop of the exhaust on a DSG box on every change!!, ironic how I ended up with a manual

The reason it's gone off track (this post) is that 'banter' starts which is totally harmless, some take it further, some don't...then everyone gets drawn into a debate which ends with them effectively defending their choices in life - natural progression of a forum thread unfortuntely, this won't change i suspect
    I 2nd that animal. OP: if you decide on the 8P S3, then try to get one with the s-tronic box, They are awesome! You will never even consider a Manual S3 again. Shame really as I don't really know how I ended up with a Manual S3....

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Im not saying it isnt, just i would actually love to see

Im not really for comparing modded vs standard though as it becomes hazy. After all a mapped 8L vs a mapped 8P would just be cruel
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    Im not saying it isnt, just i would actually love to see

Im not really for comparing modded vs standard though as it becomes hazy. After all a mapped 8L vs a mapped 8P would just be cruel
    Agreed, very cruel indeed..... and another reason the OP needs to get his a rse down his dealer to drive one

6th Gear

Status
    Would love to see proof of this. How much does the 8L map too?

Warren, we are not arguing. I have no malice or dislike for anyone, including Reesy, i expect he is the same. Forums would be boring and die in months if they were for facts, how many times are the same questions asked every week?

This entertains me at work and at home, as it has for others
    Hoorah, something we agree on..

O.k, I shall backtrack slightly, a change of TIP and or air intake and map, have seen people see over 260 BHP.

Neutral

Status
    @ Ressy: lmao sorry for being late but iv'e just seen your sig from Jules86. thats hilarious

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Nobody has mentioned 8p s3 clutches? arnt they made of.....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

maybe that could be a big factor to the OP.....

Status
    I'm all for a bit of banter and that, but as you can see from the post I bumped from the OP, he's obviously reasonably unimpressed by how much banter he's had to read through to get some quality nuggets.

I think I have RSI of 8L vs. 8P given a few recent threads when the plain and simple facts are 8P's are for people who live with their Mum or have a debt mountain to destabilise the EU, and 8L's are driven by people with low academic standards, who are so tight they reuse old wrapping paper and tippex out and reuse greetings cards every year.

The fact is there's no right answer, no-one can advise. Daddy or chips, Kirstie Allsop or Sarah Beeney, Cameron or Clegg, it's about the lesser of the evils given your preference. If money is absoultely no care or consideration then the 8P all the way - great potential that needs untapping at a small cost, but if money does matter then the 8L is a perfectly decent alternative.

Happy for the banter in the 8L vs. 8P thread, but just not every thread which mentions 8L or 8P!
    Ritch7 likes this.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_cox View Post
    I'm all for a bit of banter and that, but as you can see from the post I bumped from the OP, he's obviously reasonably unimpressed by how much banter he's had to read through to get some quality nuggets.

I think I have RSI of 8L vs. 8P given a few recent threads when the plain and simple facts are 8P's are for people who live with their Mum or have a debt mountain to destabilise the EU, and 8L's are driven by people with low academic standards, who are so tight they reuse old wrapping paper and tippex out and reuse greetings cards every year.

The fact is there's no right answer, no-one can advise. Daddy or chips, Kirstie Allsop or Sarah Beeney, Cameron or Clegg, it's about the lesser of the evils given your preference. If money is absoultely no care or consideration then the 8P all the way - great potential that needs untapping at a small cost, but if money does matter then the 8L is a perfectly decent alternative.

Happy for the banter in the 8L vs. 8P thread, but just not every thread which mentions 8L or 8P!
    Can we get a mod to have a look at this post please.. It's insulting to all members of the A3 forum.

Although very true.
    Last edited by Reesy; 8th September 2011 at 12:30.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post

OH GOOD LORD... NOW YOUV'E GONE AND DONE IT!!!!

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    I have not insinuated you cant afford anything, anyone can get finance.

I have a mortgage, which is why i sold my R32 (for a profit!) and got a car on finance.
    Maybe You and paddy are very close mate, but I dont think that makes you the same person I was refaring to past comments.

This one did actually make me spit out my brew

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Oh dear, Daves back from looting Lidl's and starting on the name calling as well.lol I will leaver ya to it.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post

I used to think it was the case, but after much research I actually found it was this:

Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Neutral

Status

Fantastic peice Warren.

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritch7 View Post
    @ Ressy: lmao sorry for being late but iv'e just seen your sig from Jules86. thats hilarious
    Misquotation ftl

Already explained, i dont go looking for races, they usually end up looking for me = i live my life a quarter mile at a time. The missus would go nuts as well

6th Gear

Status
    Misquotation ftl

Already explained, i dont go looking for races, they usually end up looking for me = i live my life a quarter mile at a time. The missus would go nuts as well
    It was mildly edited to put two quotes into 1, I haven't added anything at all, apart from the bold

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    It was mildly edited to put two quotes into 1, I haven't added anything at all, apart from the bold
    Mildly edited to look like i was saying something i wasn't. I dont go about racing but i will put my foot down on occasion when someone else is with me, which is what i did to an RS. I have also purposely had a go with a friend, as i knew him and knew there was no real danger as neither of us would risk anything, something you dont know when its some random on the road who will risk his life to get in front.

Neutral

Status
    I feel for the poor OP here, look at the rambles he comes back to when trying to read the initial answer to his question!! :D
    Originally Posted by warren_cox
    The plain and simple facts are 8P's are for people who live with their Mum or have a debt mountain to destabilise the EU, and 8L's are driven by people with low academic standards, who are so tight they reuse old wrapping paper and tippex out and reuse greetings cards every year.

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Shouldn't have waited two days. You don't set fire to your kitchen and check back two days later. His question was pretty the same thing!

My XBL GT - ii solly uk ii

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Solly On Twitter Visit Solly's Instagram Channel
    Shouldn't have waited two days. You don't set fire to your kitchen and check back two days later. His question was pretty the same thing!
    uMad?
    Audi A3 1.6 Tdi Teknik Package Cabriolet 2011 :D , Ibis White -Ipod dock - Parking Sensors - Bluetooth - Aircon - leather trimmed MFSW - Electric roof -heat-insulating glass - Center armrest - Electric heated mirrors - Stop/Start system - Separate DRL - Fishing Rod holder.

Need Parts just ask for a quote

LOOKING FOR A TT V6 2007 on or a TT 2.0 T FSI 2007 on? 11-14K

6th Gear

Status
    My car will do 0-60 in a tad over 5 secs, not many cars beat it but then i dont go about racing, ill leave that to the 8L's
    Because i bought the car for me and use the power when i want to. I dont need to impress anyone as i know its quicker than most, if im in the mood and its safe to do so i will have some fun, as a Focus RS i left behind found out.

Seems the 8L is driven by chavvy traffic light racers. I would sell up ASAP mate.
    I think my edit is a bit different to yours

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    What
    It was mildly edited, I haven't added anything at all, apart from the bold

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    It's ok it'll be on finance so it's not really his

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    That doesn't make sense with any of the above posts?

6th Gear

Status
    You're not going to go off of RR graphs are you? If only I could find the 'dyno lotttery' pic...

If we are going to use 'Seat' snobbery, then how you can compare a VAUXHALL CORSA to an 8L... A corsa would'nt cane an 8L anyway, as they aren't that quick.. And as for 'the engine struggles to keep up with most cars out there', where the hell do you live, Abu Dhabi?? There aren't a massive percentage of your average car that'll keep up with a 225bhp 4wd hatchback..
    I didn't change anything, whereas you have changed "wouldn't" to would, and removed the quote marks for ' the engine struggles to keep up with most cars out there', which was infact your line in the first place.

Nogaro S3

Status
    facts are 8P's are for people who live with their Mum or have a debt mountain to destabilise the EU, and 8L's are driven by people with low academic standards, who are so tight they reuse old wrapping paper and tippex out and reuse greetings cards every year.
    Love this!!!!1

I know which one i would rather be, I couldnt live with the debt. allthough i love 8l's and 8p's the same it just comes down to affordability

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by damo.h View Post
    so as its on finance and jules doesent technically own the car.... can you even change anything on it? or even chip it? well that would most prob void your warrenty wouldnt it? you cant even change the floor mats on a car thats financed can you?
    Audi A3 1.6 Tdi Teknik Package Cabriolet 2011 :D , Ibis White -Ipod dock - Parking Sensors - Bluetooth - Aircon - leather trimmed MFSW - Electric roof -heat-insulating glass - Center armrest - Electric heated mirrors - Stop/Start system - Separate DRL - Fishing Rod holder.

Nogaro S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by damo.h View Post
    Correct lol

Status

My Social Networking

I didn't change anything, whereas you have changed "wouldn't" to would, and removed the quote marks for ' the engine struggles to keep up with most cars out there', which was infact your line in the first place.
    2-0

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Ive done exactly what you said

I didnt add anything apart from the bold and mildly edited it. You took out bits of my quotes to make it look like i said something else and all within the same sentence, just as i have

Looking at both posts of mine its obvious what i meant, unless you pick at it to make it say what you want as you did.

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    so as its on finance and jules doesent technically own the car.... can you even change anything on it? or even chip it? well that would most prob void your warrenty wouldnt it? you cant even change the floor mats on a car thats financed can you?
    I can change what ever i want. Its my car unless the finance company wants it back. If i want i can pay it off, i dont have that much debt as i put a large amount down, more than an average 8L S3 in fact. Because i purchased a house the money i had in the R32 went on that to help me get it, instead of saving my money i acquired the car i wanted and give the money to someone else rather than putting it in the bank.

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status

Status

My Social Networking

I can change what ever i want. Its my car unless the finance company wants it back. If i want i can pay it off, i dont have that much debt as i put a large amount down, more than an average 8L S3 in fact. Because i purchased a house the money i had in the R32 went on that to help me get it, instead of saving my money i acquired the car i wanted and give the money to someone else rather than putting it in the bank.
    but nothing that voids the warrenty?

6th Gear

Status
    The bit I missed out - Seems the 8L is driven by chavvy traffic light racers. I would sell up ASAP mate.

The bit you missed out: You're not going to go off of RR graphs are you? If only I could find the 'dyno lotttery' pic...

If we are going to use 'Seat' snobbery, then how you can compare a VAUXHALL CORSA to an 8L...
    A corsa would'nt cane an 8L anyway, as they aren't that quick.. And as for 'the engine struggles to keep up with most cars out there', where the hell do you live, Abu Dhabi?? There aren't a massive percentage of your average car that'll keep up with a 225bhp 4wd hatchback..

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    but nothing that voids the warrenty?
    Its up to you. Mine is out of warranty now so makes no difference.

2nd Gear

Status
    And vice versa.. Some 8P boys think it's a case of: my cars newer and more expensive, therefore it's better...
    Got it in one!
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Correction

My car will do 0-60 in a tad over 5 secs, not many cars beat it but then i dont go about racing, ill leave that to the 8L's

Because i bought the car for me and use the power when i want to. I dont need to impress anyone as i know its quicker than most, if im in the mood and its safe to do so i will have some fun, as a Focus RS i left behind found out.

Seems the 8L is driven by chavvy traffic light racers. I would sell up ASAP mate.

The posts were several apart and both meant something different. I do not go about racing. I dont get in the car to look for others to race, ever. I do enjoy my car, sometimes with other people as long as its safe, this is most often when they initiate it. I also dont do traffic light launches and i will let most cars go on their way.

1st Gear

Status
    Ive not read most of this thread, I cant be bothered.

But put it this way, anyone with an 8P can buy an 8L S3. Why didnt they? Because they genuinely believe that the 8P is a better car, so its a daft thread really.

2009 '09' A3 1.6 Sport, Ibis White, Privacy Glass, Ipod Dock

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    That doesn't make sense with any of the above posts?
    You don't set fire to your kitchen
    Joke!!

At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3 Sport View Post
    Ive not read most of this thread, I cant be bothered.

But put it this way, anyone with an 8P can buy an 8L S3. Why didnt they? Because they genuinely believe that the 8P is a better car, so its a daft thread really.
    Already said it, they come out with the finance argument for some reason. Dont think they understand some people dont want to spend thousands of their money in one go and prefer the spread out payments of a finance deal or Loan for a small bit of interest this convenience has.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast