EM TuningSky Insurance
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 290
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Thinking of upgrading... 8L to 8P

  1. #41
    Jules86's Avatar
    At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by damo.h View Post
    As far as I can see the 8l s3 was and still is a very sexy looking motor and it also is defined from it's lower priced siblings with interior /exterior differences however yrs could easily be past by on the rd as an sline tdi. And throw on a £200 generic map and we have Yr mohoosivly overpriced 265psiAs for the anal corsa comment
    Im afraid the 8L looks as much like the other varients as the 8P does, its identical to the 1.8T

    Oh and a few hundred pound remap and the 8P has 310bhp+
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    Jules86's Avatar
    At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Youve got to laugh at this utter Cr*p, you are showing yourself, and your 8p guys up
    Sorry but your car is old and people that are not blinded by them (owners) all agree, you can see that through this thread and any other on various forums on the internet. Its an old car, you can pick them up for £3k! Its also just not that quick unless you are going from standstill.
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

  4. #43
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    This 8L vs 8P thing is very similar to the 8p s3 vs rs3 argument that keeps raging on here! Lol...
    Red is the colour..

  5. #44
    Jules86's Avatar
    At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro 1981 View Post
    This 8L vs 8P thing is very similar to the 8p s3 vs rs3 argument that keeps raging on here! Lol...
    What, boring and tiresome?

    The minute someone mentions the 8L is inferior to the 8P they get their backs up.
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

  6. #45
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules86 View Post
    Its an old car, you can pick them up for £3k! Its also just not that quick unless you are going from standstill.
    They are a pretty fun/good value/well built car for 3k, and besides, to other people, picking up a car for 15-20k is not a lot of money. SO the 'cheap means crap' argument is out the window

    As well as this, I tend to start all my journeys from a standstill, meaning that having power from the go is pretty handy, i'd rather have it from 0, then say, from 150mph where it won't get used as much, wouldn't you?

  7. #46
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    yer something like that... I guess anyone that bought an 's' badged car is a bit of a petrol head, and is clearly gonna love their motor - it's personal to them. I just like them all, and if I could still drive a manual, I'd go right back to the rs2 and have done with it...


    Edit: sorry bit slow, that was a reply to jules!
    Red is the colour..

  8. #47
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules86 View Post
    What, boring and tiresome?

    The minute someone mentions the 8L is inferior to the 8P they get their backs up.
    And vice versa.. Some 8P boys think it's a case of: my cars newer and more expensive, therefore it's better...

  9. #48
    Jules86's Avatar
    At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    They are a pretty fun/good value/well built car for 3k, and besides, to other people, picking up a car for 15-20k is not a lot of money. SO the 'cheap means crap' argument is out the window

    As well as this, I tend to start all my journeys from a standstill, meaning that having power from the go is pretty handy, i'd rather have it from 0, then say, from 150mph where it won't get used as much, wouldn't you?
    Angry fellow!

    Please quote me and highlight where i used a 'cheap means crap' argument. I did not use that word or imply it (much like your odd snobbish post earlier, i was not being snobbish i was being factual, a seat is not as well put together and the interior is horrid)

    I tend to use most of my power rolling, 10/20mph onwards or 50mph onwards on the motorway, you must look a right tit flooring it from standstill all the time?
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

  10. #49
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,988
    I think before you make your decision you should have a play with these sliders, very theraputic....

    https://www.wonga.com/?A=177

    That's what i've been doing all afternoon!! can't decide how much to have
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  11. #50
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    And vice versa.. Some 8P boys think it's a case of: my cars newer and more expensive, therefore it's better...
    Exactly! Price isn't everything.... I think the 8p is obviously more advanced both in manufacturing and available tech as standard, but it owes soooooo much to the 8L! Can't we all just get along!?
    Come on s3dave, you must have some calming words to add mate?
    Red is the colour..

  12. #51
    Jules86's Avatar
    At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    And vice versa.. Some 8P boys think it's a case of: my cars newer and more expensive, therefore it's better...
    Not at all, its a case of my car is newer, faster, better made, more toys, better interior, better looking, sounds nicer, better engine, therefore its better
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

  13. #52
    Ritch7's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    72
    I think it goes a little something like this:

    A3 8L<A3 8P<S3 8L<S3 8P< RS3 8P

  14. #53
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    go on jules! Lol, don't mince your words
    Red is the colour..

  15. #54
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritch7 View Post
    I think it goes a little something like this:

    A3 8L<A3 8P<S3 8L<S3 8P< RS3 8P
    <rs2<s1e2.... So from old to new, and all the way back to the start!
    Red is the colour..

  16. #55
    Ritch7's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules86 View Post
    Not at all, its a case of my car is newer, faster, better made, more toys, better interior, better looking, sounds nicer, better engine, therefore its better
    Its just about how much your wallet can afford, You say that but the RS3 is a better car than the S3.... of course it is.... as the 8P S3 is superior to the 8L S3.

    Money = power lol

  17. #56
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritch7 View Post
    Its just about how much your wallet can afford, You say that but the RS3 is a better car than the S3.... of course it is.... as the 8P S3 is superior to the 8L S3.

    Money = power lol
    Fortunately the more money people have the less they care about value....more about quality.

    Good job really cos if someone else hadn't taken the hit on my car, I wouldn't have paid full wack

    Means to an end and the circle of life

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritch7 View Post
    I think it goes a little something like this:

    A3 8L<A3 8P<S3 8L<S3 8P< RS3 8P
    Run DMC classic
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  18. #57
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritch7 View Post
    Its just about how much your wallet can afford, You say that but the RS3 is a better car than the S3.... of course it is.... as the 8P S3 is superior to the 8L S3.

    Money = power lol
    Thats why an s1e2 would set you back the same as a brand new r8 v10..... And it was from the 80s
    Last edited by quattro81; 6th September 2011 at 16:56.
    Red is the colour..

  19. #58
    Ritch7's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    Fortunately the more money people have the less they care about value....more about quality.

    Good job really cos if someone else hadn't taken the hit on my car, I wouldn't have paid full wack

    Means to an end and the circle of life

    Run DMC classic
    haha good one. we all love run DMC right?

    Its the old case where of course owners will get there backs up if youre saying the newer shape is better than your pride and joy.

    But it's not always the case - sometimes people prefer the previous models.. each to there own.

  20. #59
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules86 View Post
    Angry fellow!

    Please quote me and highlight where i used a 'cheap means crap' argument. I did not use that word or imply it (much like your odd snobbish post earlier, i was not being snobbish i was being factual, a seat is not as well put together and the interior is horrid)

    I tend to use most of my power rolling, 10/20mph onwards or 50mph onwards on the motorway, you must look a right tit flooring it from standstill all the time?
    I have found your implication:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules86 View Post
    Sorry but your car is old and people that are not blinded by them (owners) all agree, you can see that through this thread and any other on various forums on the internet. Its an old car, you can pick them up for £3k! Its also just not that quick unless you are going from standstill.
    I apologise, my cheap means crap shouldn't have been in quotes, it was more of the way it was implied.. The seat comment was valid, as someone compared an Audi to a vauxhall, yet slagged off seats, which are clearly better made then a corsa.

    Not as much as a tit as I'd imagine you look when you get beaten off the lights
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules86 View Post
    Not at all, its a case of my car is newer, faster, better made, more toys, better interior, better looking, sounds nicer, better engine, therefore its better
    Well that argument is balls, B7 rs4 or C6 Rs6, both older then yours, yet much better looking/faster/better interior/better engine.
    Last edited by Reesy; 6th September 2011 at 17:02.

  21. #60
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritch7 View Post
    I think it goes a little something like this:

    A3 8L<A3 8P<S3 8L<S3 8P< RS3 8P
    Vorschprung Dutch checkmate?
    Red is the colour..

  22. #61
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    I think we should all meet up... For a fight, or a race
    Red is the colour..

  23. #62
    Jules86's Avatar
    At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    241
    My car will do 0-60 in a tad over 5 secs, not many cars beat it but then i dont go about racing, ill leave that to the 8L's

    The second comment was pure sarcastic drivel (hence the smilie)
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

  24. #63
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritch7 View Post
    Its just about how much your wallet can afford, You say that but the RS3 is a better car than the S3.... of course it is....
    Money = power lol
    No its not....the RS is a bodge from the parts bin born out of panic because BM launched the !M
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  25. #64
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro 1981 View Post
    Vorschprung Durch checkmate?
    Not quite..

    Quote Originally Posted by StevoS3 View Post
    What are the comon problem with the 8P S3?

    Thanks guys
    To go back to the original question, the answer is: The owners.

    Stick a map on your 8L and save for a rainy day.

  26. #65
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    No its not....the RS is a bodge from the parts bin born out of panic because BM launched the !M
    go on pad! Been waiting for you mate!
    Red is the colour..

  27. #66
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    First day back at school today and Reesy's bunking off ! Fishing again is it ?. what we need here is a vintage and veteran section so the 8L kids can have a place of their own where they can play with their Sinclair's and Atari's and listen to Wham on their 8 tracks ..
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  28. #67
    Jules86's Avatar
    At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    241
    Doesn't the 8l come with a tape player?

    /Thread
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

  29. #68
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    Wind up 78 gramophone i think... Next time i am passing Beaulieu i will pop in and check....
    Last edited by paddy; 6th September 2011 at 17:18.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  30. #69
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    First day back at school today and Reesy's bunking off ! Fishing again is it ?. what we need here is a vintage and veteran section so the 8L kids can have a place of their own where they can play with their Sinclair's and Atari's and listen to Wham on their 8 tracks ..

    So hold on, I'm young enough to go to school, yet old enough to listen to wham on an 8 track

    It's just you boys are so easy to wind up, and you bite all the time. + you are usually wrong...

    And for the man who said he never uses his s3 to race with anything, why didn't you buy a 2tdi s line, flat bottom wheel and some s3 badges as you obviously never use the power

  31. #70
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Not quite..



    To go back to the original question, the answer is: The owners.

    Stick a map on your 8L and save for a rainy day.
    Sorry mate you misunderstand me.. The checkmate thing was just genuinely a random word I put in ! I was merely pointing out that Audi would probably agree with the statement I was quoting "8L<8P<rs3 etc.." due to their "progress through tech" motto.. I can say pocketsprung butch chickflick if you want next time.. I see what you thought I meant by checkmate though lol.. I wasn't being that clever..
    Red is the colour..

  32. #71
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules86 View Post
    Doesn't the 8l come with a tape player?

    /Thread
    Mine did, as well as a 6cd player, and now has iPod connectivity. Best of all three, plus some of you old boys probably miss having a tape player!

  33. #72
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro 1981 View Post
    Sorry mate you misunderstand me.. The checkmate thing was just genuinely a random word I put in ! I was merely pointing out that Audi would probably agree with the statement I was quoting "8L<8P<rs3 etc.." due to their "progress through tech" motto.. I can say pocketsprung butch chickflick if you want next time.. I see what you thought I meant by checkmate though lol.. I wasn't being that clever..
    It's alright, I was pointing out that you had put dutch, rather the durch.. Although the checkmate thing did seem a bit clever..

  34. #73
    Jules86's Avatar
    At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    So hold on, I'm young enough to go to school, yet old enough to listen to wham on an 8 track

    It's just you boys are so easy to wind up, and you bite all the time. + you are usually wrong...

    And for the man who said he never uses his s3 to race with anything, why didn't you buy a 2tdi s line, flat bottom wheel and some s3 badges as you obviously never use the power
    Because i bought the car for me and use the power when i want to. I dont need to impress anyone as i know its quicker than most, if im in the mood and its safe to do so i will have some fun, as a Focus RS i left behind found out.

    Seems the 8L is driven by chavvy traffic light racers. I would sell up ASAP mate.
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

  35. #74
    Jules86's Avatar
    At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Mine did, as well as a 6cd player, and now has iPod connectivity. Best of all three, plus some of you old boys probably miss having a tape player!
    Im 25, cant even remember using tapes
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

  36. #75
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    Sell up is not easy Jules, donate to the recycling centre i think you mean
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  37. #76
    Reesy's Avatar
    King of the Mods. Apparently.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    3,600

    My Social Networking

    Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules86 View Post
    Because i bought the car for me and use the power when i want to. I dont need to impress anyone as i know its quicker than most, if im in the mood and its safe to do so i will have some fun, as a Focus RS i left behind found out.

    Seems the 8L is driven by chavvy traffic light racers. I would sell up ASAP mate.
    I never race from the lights, as I like my clutch, but I was making the point that having the power there is more usable then having it at 150mph.

  38. #77
    damo.h's Avatar
    DVLA Say it's Black

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW
    Posts
    3,608
    So after all this (again) is the 8p s3 really worth the money

  39. #78
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    Jules
    You are missing the point here, if you race 8L's off the lights you dont need to use the power so its win win
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  40. #79
    Jules86's Avatar
    At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Sell up is not easy Jules, donate to the recycling centre i think you mean
    Does the government still do the scrap incentive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    I never race from the lights, as I like my clutch, but I was making the point that having the power there is more usable then having it at 150mph.
    You clearly feel your car has something to prove, as your comments on here and your obvious behaviour on the roads show. The 8P does not.
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

  41. #80
    Jules86's Avatar
    At work most likely
    Helicopter Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by damo.h View Post
    So after all this (again) is the 8p s3 really worth the money
    Seeing as you can pick them up for as little as £13k now, 300+ bhp from a map (how much would the 8L need to get that) and 370bhp+ from some bolt on mods (new turbo for the 8L?) better interior, engine etc etc

    Yes.
    Ibis - Bose - Light & Rain Pack - Parking Sensors - BT Prep

    Quote Originally Posted by Reesy View Post
    Hmm Nova or 8L, nova or 8L, I think I made the wrong choice

 

 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO