A3 2.0 TDI Sport 140 - 220+ AmD Technik

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Hi there I am thinking about a new car in July as you may well know. However if i can't get insured on a 2.0T ill hav to get my own insurance for a 2.0 TDI Quatty with all the bits on.

However I may have to go for the AmD stage III which consists of...

Stage 3 2.0L PD140 140bhp EDC16 As per stage 2 with additional Hybrid exchange Turbo charger unit (as supplied to VW Racing) a genuine 220+ bhp is achievable with this combination. Work shop time 3-5days

Now does anyone have any info on this such as videos, graphs or images of the engine bay..

Also what times would you be looking at for one of these, and would it beat a 2.0T Quattro with 200 bhp?

Imagine this 220+ and the amount of torque would be back breaking I would imagine.

David Mann

I dunno, it will be around even stevens like you say.

I'll see what the score is on Monday when trying to insure me.

Dave 220 bhp TDi would be v nice though I would imagine...

Personally i'd go for the 2.00 TFSI, i think the costs of the AMD stage 3 would be quite expensive to insure and you find with that kind of BHP and torque that it may be fairly juicy to run, compared to the stock 2.00 tdi.

I also don't know how proven and perfected the stage 3 on the diesel is, anyone know or has has this done.

Also AMD will not disclose performance ratings, as i have enquired before.

The stage 3 is expensive at £2820 inc VAT, wouldn't that be worth adding to and buying a A4 2.5 or 3.00 tdi.

Your probably not wrong, the suggestions made are bang on!!!

Roll on the 2006 Model year Spec sheet....

Dave

[ QUOTE ]

i think the petrol turbo cars are alot stronger and can handle higher stress limits than the diesels...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah diesels run much higher compression ratios and more torque etc etc etc so there engines, fuel pumps, clutches and other components are stronger then equiv sized petrols

Auroan, they surely do run at higher torque & compression ratios, but running high rpms is a killer for them. So while they're stronger in other parts, in some parts they can't handle the power.

When it comes to pushing higher power, I'd probably say petrol engines can take it better, since the limited torque-range diesels have would put too much strain on the engine.

- Yak

why manually run an engine with out fuel ????? you cannot run a diesel at high rpms because you can't get it them that high running normal diesel. On the diesel specific forum in audi-sport I posted a question regarding nos in diesels. After people saying it would work I researched further and found a place near rotheram in the UK which did it. The owner had a a passat pd 130 rigged up with nos running of a massive cylinder in back boot. He gave me a demo with nos permently on for a 1/2 hour, the engine was revving up to about 6 1/2 rpm with no issues. This was possible because the nos was increasing the brurn rate of the fuel.

The RR was showing on avg 345bhp. He's been doing these demos for the past year or so with no damage to the engine. Try something like that in an un modified (apart from nos) 1.8T and you have it throwing rods and all sorts.