Chrome fog surrounds

TM

S-line SB
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Had these chrome surrounds delivered this week from Italy. I like the chrome surrounds on the MK VI Golf GT, so thought they could go well on my SB. I haven't seen the surrounds on my version before only newer models. I do have a FK black grill sitting in the garage that I cant make my mind wether to fit or not, but I think the chrome look is growing on me.

Opinions please.

Reactions: Paullie
I think they look really good on your car, especially with it being silver. All of the chrome accents on the front end tie in together perfectly, the grille surround, the Audi rings, the fog rings etc, ..the overall look just looks fab IMO. You should be well pleased! :wub: x

EDIT I think you should keep the current grill on and sell the FK one on.

I quite like them to be hoest. They look OEM from the pics. How mush were they and how are they fixed on?

I think they look really good on your car, especially with it being silver. All of the chrome accents on the front end tie in together perfectly, the grille surround, the Audi rings, the fog rings etc, ..the overall look just looks fab IMO. You should be well pleased! :wub: x

EDIT I think you should keep the current grill on and sell the FK one on.

Cheers Paullie nice words, the more I look at the pictures the more the look is growing on me. Thanks for finding the link again, great help :thumbsup:

I quite like them to be hoest. They look OEM from the pics. How mush were they and how are they fixed on?

Cheers mate. As far as I'm aware they are OEM. I haven't actually fitted them yet as they were supplied with clips that are for newer models, I have taken these off but require a bit of filing/sanding before fitting. I am trying to make my mind up but I'm pretty sold on them. I was going to go for some kind plastic adhesive, unless anyone would recommend anything else? Heres the link pal AUDI A3 A4 A5 A6 A8 S S-LINE Cerchi Anelli FENDINEBBIA | eBay

Last edited:
I don't like them and feel you should sell them to me ..... :) haha

You're very welcome, Buddy. They do look like they have been factory fitted. I believe they are OE, as the listing showed them with the same part number as the S3 chrome fog surrounds have on them. :wub: x

Daft question here but can these be supplied from Audi UK?

PS

They do look good BTW!

Daft question here but can these be supplied from Audi UK?

PS

They do look good BTW!

Thanks. I'm sure you can get them in the uk. But at a stupid price. There was a thread on it not so long ago. I'll have a look when I get home for you.

You have the order the whole grill at £41 a side just for the chrome bit

Ordered mine too... Copycatism... :busted_cop:

haha no problem. make sure you get a picture up as soon as there on.. i love the look of your beige machine.. those speedline :wub:

Last edited:
Finally chromed up :cool:

6249629631_1ed2458972_z.jpg
6249631713_59a1805fae_z.jpg
6249623189_670f362f72_z.jpg
6250139912_a123d03e1b_z.jpg

Few other pics seems as its a nice day out!

6249607959_41248aef07_z.jpg
6250132390_b2974732a6_z.jpg
6249596177_642de7311a_z.jpg

They look good and I'm very tempted myself as I'm looking for a few cheap mods myself at the moment.

How did you fit them in the end?

How hard was it removing all the plastic clips? Can you tell if you look close up that they have been trimmed?

Cheers
Chris

Had to some modding with a dremel to remove the clips and level it all out.

I think ive done a pretty tidy job of trimming them up, i'll try and get a close up for you Chris.

I used Unibond Repair Power Epoxy - heat, cold and water resistant. Seems like good stuff. Strong.

that looks really good! making me think of doing this now!
so for the pre-facelift we just need to get rid of the clips and then bond down onto the fog grill?
did it fit ok on the sline fog grill by the oval shape of the fog ring?

It's surprising how often a cat gets into photo's of our cars :laugh:. Mine always appear when I get the camera out and then they just sit around looking casual.

Anyway, are these an S Line only mod, or has anyone fitted them to a standard Sport bumper? I'd like a pair on mine, but all the ones above seem to be on S Lines.

Looks great. I refitted my chrome grill this weekend and plan on getting hold of some of these.

They are really smart!! I've taken all the chrome off my car as its not for me but now I've seen these on your silver a3 I really like them.

that looks really good! making me think of doing this now!
so for the pre-facelift we just need to get rid of the clips and then bond down onto the fog grill?
did it fit ok on the sline fog grill by the oval shape of the fog ring?

Cheers. Yep clips off.. little bit of levelling out.. Bond them up! Yeah pretty close match.. I think the facelift fogs might be slightly bigger.. But its pretty much there with the pre-facelift I think.

It's surprising how often a cat gets into photo's of our cars :laugh:. Mine always appear when I get the camera out and then they just sit around looking casual.

Anyway, are these an S Line only mod, or has anyone fitted them to a standard Sport bumper? I'd like a pair on mine, but all the ones above seem to be on S Lines.

I know posing pussy!

Not too sure on the standard/sport bumper? I dont see how there can be much difference?

Looks great. I refitted my chrome grill this weekend and plan on getting hold of some of these.

Nice one.. make sure you do it!

They are really smart!! I've taken all the chrome off my car as its not for me but now I've seen these on your silver a3 I really like them.

Cheers mate. I think it really suits my silver car anyway!

Thread resurrection :w00t:

They look nice, I'm almost tmepted to add them to my BE as I think a little bit of chrome might make the front pop a bit.

Not sure why you'd want to spend over £30 on just the chrome rings when I can do a pair of grilles (for facelift 8P3 58 plate+) with the chrome rings already attached as in my classified ad.

Classifieds: Audi A3 and S3 Fog Grilles

Remember that you can then sell your old ones on here or eBay for almost as much as what you paid for a new pair.

cheers for the offer matey but i've seen them on ebay for about £20 and i dont have the hassle of fitting the fog grill, maybe remove the bumper, then i have to try to sell my old fog grills.

i used a couple of chrome rings off a 8p3 s3, trimmed all the clips off the back and stuck them on my 8p2 s3 bumper. looks pretty sweet if i may say so myself :rock:

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 402
Reactions: london jay
So can you get chrome fog surrounds for a 07 s line?

No I don't think so. Audi only seemed to do black surrounds for the cars up to mid 2008 (facelift).