Pressed plates sticky pads

Sheikh

Reaction score
Guys I'm just wondering what you use to stick your metal pressed plates onto the car? So far i've used double sided tape (thick heavy duty weatherproof stuff) and proper number plate pads, but neither of these seem to hold the ends of the number plate down due to the slight curvature of where the number plate goes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also i know i might get slated for this... but has anyone driven a Leon TDI FR 170? If so what are your thoughts?

Halfords do a range of number plate sticky foam type pads from 1mm to 5mm thick that allow for the curve.

I've had 2 Leon FRs, one PD170 and one CR170, also had a Leon Cupra :)

Brilliant, cheap thrill cars, just too many rattles and squeaks for me!

i used heavy duty velcro pads, they are epic! easy to remove plate aswell if need be :) they grip like anything on my pressed plates to!

i used heavy duty velcro pads, they are epic! easy to remove plate aswell if need be :) they grip like anything on my pressed plates to!

Thanks mate I was thinking about going down the Velcro route, looks like that might do it.

Till someone rips em off in the car park.....:)

Well they say - "if it ain't bolted down".........

What have you lot found is the best way to remove the remnants of the sticky pads when you've changed your plates?
Got some new shorter ones on, and put a tiny scratch in my boot trying to get the old velcro off :-(

surgical spirits, cleans everything. sometimes called rubbing alcohol or isopropanol..if not then white spirit which is what Halfords tar remover is :)

On the top of pressed plates etc, where's a good place to get recessed british plates, and/or pressed metal ones? Also, what are the costs of said style of plates? Thanks

I used the velcro, was really good. My new Pressed plates are pop riveted on as there was no other way to fix them on.