ACTIVATING TRAILER ELECTRICS

gavbey

Reaction score
hi folks,

i have a audi a3 (8p) 2.0tdi 07 plate
i bought a towbar and genuine audi module for the towing electrics box.

i have a full version of vcds (vagcom) but not very good with using it. i cant turn the trailer electrics on.

could sombody shed some light on my problem and give me a simple step by step guide to telling my car to switch on the trailer electrics?
my local audi is 460 miles away as i live in shetland :)

ANY help would be much apreciated

thanks in advance.

Gavin

If it's wired up correctly and you just need it for towing trailers/bike racks etc (7pin) you don't need to activate anything. If you have wired up a 13pin connector to provide extra functions for caravans etc then you will need to code the trailing function using a genuine cable for VCDS. Can't remember the numbers but it's pretty simple to locate and then use long coding helper.

yes i have the 13 pin one and i have genuine vag-com/vcds im not sure how to work the long coding though thats the problem :)

You have to enable the towbar module on the gateway 1st, then go into towbar module & enable features like parking sensors fitted etc, this is assuming you have wired it up correctly,

You have to enable the towbar module on the gateway 1st, then go into towbar module & enable features like parking sensors fitted etc, this is assuming you have wired it up correctly,

i have enabled it at the can page (gateway) and tried with parking assist bud didnt understand how to do the long coding.?