Boost issues TDi 140 BKD

n25gabe

Reaction score
Ive got a leak at the intercooler, boost pipes at the IC, replaced orings, but theres still a leak, the plastic mount is worn and the clip wont seat properly. Started looking at replacing the intercooler, forge: no good as it piggy backs on the faulty original. THS seems like a good direct replacement but £600! been reading around and some suggest fitting a stock s3 ic as its a 'Direct replacement'
Has anyone done this before? will it be a direct fit no mods necessary?
The part numbers suggested are:
S3 Intercooler > 1K0 145 803 P
S3 Left Pressure hose > 1K0 145 834 AA
S3 Right Connection hose > 1K0 145 832 L

Basically dont want to spend more money then required, the s3 bits will prob work out cheaper, my bkd engine is stock, no mods.. need to get it working properly first before making it better
What do people suggest?

I'm interested in that question too. Iv heard excellent reviews about the forge boost pipes. Take a look on their website mate.

ive looked at replacing the hoses, but the forge hoses still require clipping in. The plastic on my ic is worn/broken in such a way that even with no pipe in there, the clip wont seat securely.

ive looked at replacing the hoses, but the forge hoses still require clipping in. The plastic on my ic is worn/broken in such a way that even with no pipe in there, the clip wont seat securely.

Sad...

Then just get a used IC from ebay etc & fit this with decent plastics to clip into, S3 IC wont make any difference to your car at all as is.

my point isnt to achieve any performance gains (at the moment). It is to put an IC on there that is highly unlikely to give me boost issues in the future. I could replace with an identical one in there, but how long before the orings go on it again and require replacing. If i have to take it all off anyway, Id rather fit one which will not give me future problems. Plus intentions in the future will be remap and hybrid.
Seriously has noone here ever done this???

I have hybrid with stock IC, works perfectly fine.

I also suspect the plastic fixing housing was probably damaged by human hand, not because of the fixing, mine is fitted tight & doesnt budge.

only had the car for a few months, according to history all work was done by audi. NHN do you have the forge pipes fitted? or stock ic and stock piping? managed to get the grill where the fog light goes to see the top of the housing, the clip normally seats in behind a plastic lug which should stop it falling out, thats worn off. i managed to get the pipe back in all round and the clip seats in flush now, boost issues have minimised but still present. not sure how long that clip will stay in place. Just lost faith in the whole plastic housing bit and would like to have confidence in a reliable car :s

well update... hoses coming loose again, its driving like a dog :( last friday ordered myself some forge hoses. nothing arrived yet. chased em and oh wont get them for 5 weeks!! would of been nice of them to actually tell me that before i submit an order! they have red ones, but wont arrive till monday. Then see GNJ motorsport do em for £10 cheaper than forge even with forum discount. So far not impressed with forge, just hope that when they eventually arrive, they do a better job than the customer service side of things :sob: