AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Help with planning mods

Hi all,

I was wondering if some bright spark has collated a group of available or even must have mods for the A3.

As stated in a previous post I have a 3 door quattro sport and I am just dying to spend money on it - haven't even paid for or picked up the car yet!

Anyway,

Can someone provide a list of the kinds of things available and perhaps rate the difficulty out of 10? I have done plenty of what most would consider to be nasty mods in the past. I find I get more pleasure from retrofitting OE parts that the car doesn't come with. Am not so fussed about engine tuning, having been through a few 500bhp evos and subarus.

It seems that whatever happens, I'm going to need access to someone who can code. I live in North West London, so who would be my first port of call?

Is there a one stop shop for sourcing parts, or with an expert who can tell me what I should be looking for?

Can't tell you how exciting this is. I mentioned I have a GTR on the drive, which gives me a huge buzz when driving, but it's a very complete package as standard, which removes more than half the fun for a mod addict like me.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    What A3 you getting and mods would you like to do, pics of your GTR would be nice

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status
    2.0 tdi quattro sport - 05 plate - facelift.

pics will follow in a couple of mins when I nab some off my phone!

1st Gear

Status
    How's this?

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    Hello fella and welcome to the forum mate. I live in north London, Enfield. Your always more than welcome to give me a shout mate if you needing coding. As for mods, Cruise control is a must (which I can supply and fit original parts for a good price :-). ) RNS-e, MY09 rear lights, LED sidelights, the list goes on mate. Anyhow if you need me for coding your more than welcome to come over, beer tokens is always a plus on this forum.
    VCDS Owner-North London/Enfield
    " To Cruise Is What I Do"

1st Gear

Status
    Happy to help with beer tokens! I am in Mill Hill, so not too far from you.

I think first port of call for me, aside from probably full leather interior, wil be the RNS-e.

Is there a guide to fitting this anywhere?

I did something similar on the mercedes slk, but that was double din already. This looks a little more involved.

Can I pay someone to do this for me? alternatively, would happily do it myself if someone points me in the direction

Can someone explain the differences between the models, any fitment/wiring issues?

I'd like ipod control and possibly bluetooth audio etc. is this possible? what about video file playback?

thanks again.

ps. danny, how can i pm you?

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    Just click on my user name and send private message. I could do a double din conversion for you. Done one for a fellow member not to long ago. Maybe I could do you a fixed price for cruise and din conversion?
    VCDS Owner-North London/Enfield
    " To Cruise Is What I Do"

1st Gear

Status
    RNS-E mk2 ordered yesterday from Lithuania - arrived today.

Awesome service - very impressed.

I've bought 4 mercedes unis from them in the past and they've even fixed one under warranty so I had no quarms about using them.

Now just need to get the double din parts.

Decided to order them and fit them myself.

1st Gear

Status
    So progress so far:

Not really mods so far so much as repairs

New abs sensor to remove dash light
    New haldex controller to remove same dash light that was still on after the above
    New rear offisde shock absorber

and on to the mods....

Double din conversion with 2009 style buttons, parts courtesy of Nigel
    2011 RNSE Sat Nav
    2009 rear lights
    S3 Two tone black and grey leather interior with heated front and rear seats - wiring courtesy of Kufatec - not fully fitted.
    S-Line MFSW
    Cruise Control
    Hi line steering wheel module to suit above
    OEM audi RS4 18" split 7 spoke wheels
    K version CE module
    S line Pedals

also bought Elsawin, Etka and VLCD.

Not bad going for three weeks of planning and two weeks of ownership I thought! Am loving every minute though!

Think that's it for now, but am contemplating

S-Line Gearshift surround
    Bi-Xenons
    Bluetooth
    White DIS
    S Line Bumpers
    Spoiler

After (or before that) Turbo dynamics hybrid turbo, then it's a question of asking you guys who to use for mapping purposes.

Am wondering if there's any point buying a milltek exhaust on a diesel. I can't imagine diesels sound good with sports exhausts, and am not sure the performance difference will justify otherwise. Then there's the fact that there's a perfectly capable other car sitting around for performance needs!

4th Gear

Status
    worth just decatting the downpipe if you have a hybrid turbo - it helps reduce lag/improve spool and makes it just a touch louder -anything else is probably a waste of money, although i had a full decat custom turbo-back made with extra silencing for my hybrid to complete the stealth appearance
    TT-RS 410hp revo
    Fiat 500 1.3 tdi 120hp
    A3 8P 2.0tdi 240hp Autograph Cars
    RS4 B5 520hp MTM
    S3 8L 345hp MTM
    Volvo 850 T5 300hp BSR
    Fiat Punto GT 130hp
    Lancia Delta Turbo 185hp
    Lancia Beta Coupe 122hp
    Mini 74hp

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
    After (or before that) Turbo dynamics hybrid turbo, then it's a question of asking you guys who to use for mapping purposes.Am wondering if there's any point buying a milltek exhaust on a diesel. I can't imagine diesels sound good with sports exhausts, and am not sure the performance difference will justify otherwise. Then there's the fact that there's a perfectly capable other car sitting around for performance needs!
    This is just my 5p's worth on the hybrid.....check to see what gains you're going to get before buying,and also speak to the guys at Revo for some good free advice.

5th Gear

Status
    i say you save the moneys for the GTR :-)

Heres what i would recommend LOL
    Amuse R1 Titanium System
    Greddy Intake Pipe System
    Aragosta Coilovers

That would be a good start
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

1st Gear

Status
    hi adamantium, i've got a quick question if you dont mind me asking.

is the RNS-e from lithuania any good? i assumed they would be reproductions and not genuine Audi parts, and i assumed also that they would be pretty shoddy reproductions at that.

how do they compare to say units bought directly from NHN or Audi themselves?

regards,

Plezz.

1st Gear

Status
    Not bought a unit from nun or Audi but I have bought about 10 units over the years from my contact in liuania, mostly for mercedes. Not sure what you mean by reproductions, this unit is identical in every way to what you get from the factory.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by plezz View Post
    hi adamantium, i've got a quick question if you dont mind me asking.

is the RNS-e from lithuania any good? i assumed they would be reproductions and not genuine Audi parts, and i assumed also that they would be pretty shoddy reproductions at that.

how do they compare to say units bought directly from NHN or Audi themselves?

regards,

Plezz.
    I know this isnt my thread, but my RNS-E came from Lithuania, or Romania, cant remember which now but it is a genuine Audi product, not a replica in any way. Never had a problem with it either.

Mmmm GTR....

1st Gear

Status
    Bought S3 front bumper - need to buy fogs!!
    2009 rear bumper
    Bi-Xenons
    K CE module
    Cruise
    MFSW

fitting most of leather today if possible.

also bought some performance parts which should be fun and will be visiting AMD at some point.

Neutral

Status
    Great start. Post some pics with your A3 and keep the mods coming

By the way Romania makes parts for Audi like steering wheels, airbags, seat belts and many more. Also for many other brands.
    They are not replicas they are exactly oem products. In Lithuania they make also rns-e units and other electronic parts

After the S3 bumper you need the S3 skirts , then s3 rear bumper etc
    You can find usefull things here http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...ns-faqs-2.html

Best regards

don't stop grab an Audi

1st Gear

Status
    thanks all. i heard from someone that romanian sellers units were not always genuine and you had to be careful.

plus the prices were a bit too good.

might have to look at investing!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by plezz View Post
    I think the worry is more that the units might be stolen, rather than knock-offs.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Neutral

Status
    Stolen not from cars,maybe from factories from production band.
    I have also bought items from Ingolstadt as well from sellers that work for Audi.
    Romania doesn't have ebay and any transaction should be proceded carefully. Also if you use pay pal don't do with gift transaction.

don't stop grab an Audi

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the advice guys. The guy I bought mine from has been on ebay for years with thousdands of feedback. He basically is set up to be the main buyer of units from all the breakers yards in Europe and caters for all makes. If he was dodgy I'd think it would be fairly easy for the police to find him as he's very open about his name address and bank details, and only trades in nav units.

and in relation to that very point, it would seem that he has unwittingly supplied me with an SDS unit - woo hoo. So, with nigel's help, that will be going on too.

Nigel is going to have his work cut out - I'd love to help, but I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this lot!
    Fit xenons
    Fit and code CE module
    Extend illumination supply from ash tray to card holder
    Fit rear seats and front and rear door cards
    Fit wiring for heated seats
    Fit auto sensors and rear view mirror plus auto light switch
    Fit centre armrest
    Fit washer jets to new front bumper
    Fit rear spoiler
    Fit new pedals
    Fit Bluetooth module
    Wire and Code for SDS

It's going to take a while I suspect!

1st Gear

Status
    So far Nigel has managed this lot:

Extend illumination supply from ash tray to card holder - Done
    Fit new pedals - Done
    Fit Bluetooth module - Done

Wire and Code for SDS - Done
    Fit centre armrest - Done
    Fit rear spoiler - Done

Also fitted S3 front bumper and standard rear bumper - waiting for Nigel to supply S-line rear valance
    Fitted new windscreen with auto sensor for mirror and wipers
    Fitted RS4 style OE 18" wheels and new dunlop wintersport 4d tyres - looking forward to seeing how good they are!

Tomorrow Nigel is over again for the day, although we are both doubtful we'll get everything remaining done:

Fit xenons

Fit washer jets to new front bumper
    Fit and code CE module

Fit rear seats and front and rear door cards
    Fit wiring for front and rear heated seats
    Wire in auto sensors and rear view mirror plus auto light switch

Very excited about tomorrow.

1st Gear

Status
    Pics!
    A1 | 1.4 TFSI | S-Line | Misano Red

1st Gear

Status
    with bumper grilles, fog lights and rear valance missing it looks a sorry state.

Then add in that it only has leather front seats, it's not something I currently want to show off - but soon!

1st Gear

Status
    Haha fair enough!
    A1 | 1.4 TFSI | S-Line | Misano Red

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    great job so far.
    ttrs steering wheel would be nice....
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    OK,

Well replacement turbo is now on, and I am still considering having it remapped - I think on the whole I won't as this is not my performance car, so why bother - it will only end up costing me money.

What I have done is have the great Nigel fit the seats and the xenons.

Bi-Xenons are totally cool and I can't believe I survived without them. The washer jets are in but not yet wired, and the auto sensing window is still not wired.

What has been great is that Nigel managed to get time to fit the entire interior which I love. it is two tone black and grey and along with the pedals and the steering wheel, makes the car feel brand new.

Only thing lacking was the gearknob and handbrake. With those replaced the car would feel brand new since everything in the car that i would interact with would be new (indicators not included!).

so I bought this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Which has the added benefit of grey stitching to match my two tone effect.

It also replaces the only remaining bit of piano black trim in the car with brushed ally to match the s-line interior portions.

All I need now is to get the heated seats wired (by Nigel) and the last few remaining bits of wiring to be sorted.

I noticed when fitting the wheels too that it was riding on stilts, and while it's not really me to lower a car, I decided to fit 35mm drop H and R springs.

I'll post pics of everything in place when it is clean with before and after shots.

1st Gear

Status
    Thought it was about time I uploaded some pics so here we are:

Before:

1st Gear

Status
    After:

1st Gear

Status
    Just need to sort the exhaust pipe trims out.

Must pay a big thanks to Nigel (NHN) for the huge amount of work he has done on my car, and to Danny KN9 for the very first mod done on my car - fitting the cruise control and the new steering wheel.

1st Gear

Status
    great transformation
    Ibis - BE 170 S-Tronic

1st Gear

Status
    In advance of putting some more pics up, I wanted to make sure this thread was up to date with pictures from my other thread.

To bring you up to speed, Nigel (NHN) has now fitted a white DIS for me and had the mileage suitably altered!

In addition I now have the correct rear 8P2 S3 bumper complete with audi reverse parking sensors and Nigel has fitted me an AMI.

In response to suggestions from others, I have had the S3 side skirts fitted at the same time, and got my summer wheels and tyres back on. I like the RS6 wheels, so got the wider ones with the wider offset from an A4, shod with new goodyear F1 assymetric 2s for my summer tyres.

My biggest complaint about this car has always been the brakes, so I elected to go for some 345mm discs and appropriate calipers from what should have been an S3. I ended up with some from a golf R that happened to be almost new. The difference is incredible and it's possibly the best mod I've done to date.

At the moment I am keen to get Nigel to install a media adapter to give me a three phono input, as I will be buying a Kivic one (not out yet). If you've not seen it - google it. Very cool if you like your IOS devices!

Pics to follow as soon as I upload them.

1st Gear

Status

Gievf Buckets

Status
    damn i really have to pull my finger out and get my white dis in

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Neutral

Status
    How much were the Golf R discs and pads? Did you have to replace anything else apart from the discs pads and calipers?

1st Gear

Status
    they came with carriers, I needed new lines too which were a nightmare as europarts could identify the proper ones, I lost the car for twi days waiting for the right ones that were threaded at both ends.

I paid £330 for them, but they are literally brand new.