Newbie first post

Adamantium

Reaction score
Hi all,

Very excited to say hi and write my first post.

I am a serial modder and have been tinkering with cars for about 16 years. Huge german and jap car fan. I've had 5 golfs, a tt, a fabia vrs, corrado g60 and most recently a very modded 350 slk in which I retro fitted every factory extra available.

Anyway, recentl bought my dream car which is frankly a little too fast already, and so to save me getting bored and crippling the value by driving it too much and modding it, I've bought an a3 tdi quattro sport as a second car and I'm hoping with all your help it will allow me to feed my addiction to modding without destroying the value of my other car.

Looking forward to learning plenty, starting I think with some s line bits.

It's an awesome car but difficult not to mod. I can have 610 bhp for under £500!

Must resist.

A3 not arriving until 14th, can't wait!

Is there an online shop for buying OE audi parts based on part number? Or do I have to walk into a stealer?

not that i know of bud prob have to be the stealers , what you after as a good few people on here can get stuff cheapo , for example if you are after the facelift rear lights nige (nhn) can get them cheaper than anyone else can etc...

Fair play what a amazing car! Speed per pound its almost unbeatable (standard cars I mean). Personally I don't love the car but can't help but admire what Nissan have made. To get the equivalent car from Germany your looking at a Turbo S over £100k.

120k, I did look!

I just don't like 911s. Too many variants over the years means they are really common and no matter what they do, the engine will always be in the wrong place.

GTR to me ugly in a stylish individual and functional way. Every curve us there for a reason. Can't argue with a cd rating of 0.26 but still has positive downforce front and rear. That's never been achieved before on a road car.

I've always been a big fan of Ferrari and Porsche and never considered a Nissan on the same level. Although I will change my ways as I've been proven wrong due to the precision and speed of the GTR. must say it's an awesome motor majorly jealous haven't been out in one yet.

Have a look at the GTR vs veyron on YouTube monster of a car!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wA3shjuP-Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's a Switzer 800 conversion I believe.

Totally agree, it's not on the same level. It's the under dog supercar although plenty argue it isn't a supercar.

Porsche not totally above but ferraris are special. I used to really want one, now I couldn't bear the eyes looking at me, plus the service costs are really on a different level.

Mine includes three years for £500.

Closest Ferrari on performance is a 458 and that's £100k more. It's moot point as I couldn't drive one even if I had the money. Just too midlife crisis for me.

Nissan is a daily driver happily and really has Nissan reliability. 530bhp all day long.

Where are you based?

Failed to post a pic, think my pic was too big but can't resize it from iPad!

Nothings artsy sorry, just lilked the sunset on the car and decided to snap it with the iphone.

Actually the only pics I have!

Can dig up plenty of the evos and 22B, but uploading them is a bit dull.

GtR is mental!

Just brought my A3 TDi Quattro Sline - Love it. So far been doing all the OEM stuff. Booked in for cruise to be fitted friday.
What engine you have 140/170?
Pics of the A3?

A3 TDi Quattro sport 140.

Would have liked an S-Line but this was supposed to be a run around for me, and the price has just crept up. Now I least I have further to climb when I modify more.

Am amazed how excited I am about it. Most people would think I am mad given the other car in the garage, but it's the modding potential that I am looking forward to.

Of course I am very easily mod the GTR, but I prefer the retro fit thing to the engine tuning thing. It just works better and generally is more reliable without affecting insurance.

I've not picked up the A3 yet. I am going to collect it on the 14th. Seems like ages away!

Still not got car but have bought:

Double din conversion
Rnse mk2 with Sony bezel
2009 rear lights
Two tone black/grey leather interior heated front and rear!
Cable for coding - can't remember the name

That Nigel bloke is a genius!