Another new S3 SB BE S-tronic owner! Help! lol

RPB

Reaction score
Hi all, I got my new car this morning. Even coming from my modified Subaru boy do I love this car. There aint much yet I aint drooling over still. Anyway, I have a really basic question to ask as my handbook was forgotten when I picked it up so cannot check it.
How in hell do I work the DIS? All mine is showing at the minute is speed and radio channel or phone number. I cannot for the life of me work out how to get up the other stuff. :)
TIA for any help.
Rich.

Use the up and down buttons on the window wiper stalk to scroll through functions :)
Took me ages too! haha it'll go, Computer 1, Computer 2, Speed, Menu I believe :)

Then in the Menu you can set various things using the button underneath for the 'OK'

Press the button under the wiper stalk and then scroll with the rocker switch on the end of it........oh and congrats on the new car!

RPB, what power Scooby were you coming from to go to this? Curious to hear your views as my last car was a scooby and I'm wondering how I will find living with a new s3 SB

Hi all :) No pics yet, had to work this afternoon, that killed me watching my new car and not being able to drive it! Haha.
IS that it? A button underneath the stalk? Dangnabbit! I was pressing that end rocker but never spotted that other button.
evil_scooby - I had from new an 03 WRX. Spent thousands on it and was I think 310 to 320 bhp and more torques. We had 8 superb years with it and apart from some bad choices on my part for some mods, it was a superb car and never once let me down. However, for me now in my early 40's *cough* lol, I wanted a German car, gadgets, AWD, some oomph still! Only done 80 miles in her so far but I love it. Quiet, inside is unreal and the build quality is ace. Performance I know will be good in the very brief spells I have opened her up and that is not using Sport mode either. For raw, kick in the back, feel every bump performance the Subaru was awesome. For more refined, quieter, more comfortable yet 'glides' type power, the S3 is superb. the wife loves it and as my Subaru went to a mate I know it went to a 'good home!' lol.

You'll love the S3 even more when you get the chance to open it up a litttle. A simple ECU flash will give around 300-310bhp and the whole package works especially well with the S-Tronic 'box (aka DSG).

The S3 is a very grown up way to continue to have the thrills of a much less subtle car. :)

LOL, stop teasing! :)
I still can't get over how good this car is gonna be. It's in a different league to any other car I have owned as regards build quality, cabin build, gadgets, etc. Superb.

Hi N8, on the doorstep of Mansfield really. Would not want to travel up to Manchester. I did enough driving around garages when I was modding my Subaru. Everywhere I wanted to go was 3 hrs away, LOL.