Dan's A3 8P3 TDI S-Line

Chappy

Call me Dan!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Well now I've got a few bits sorted I thought I'd get a progress thread started :)
I p/x my Seat Leon Cupra in for the A3, the Cupra was a great car but was expensive to run, so onwards and upwards with the TDI!

This is my 5th diesel car, and I keep coming back to them! I picked up around a month ago, 45k miles, full leather, heated seats, AMI etc and bargained it down to just over £13k, there are a few stone chips and marks but other then that, great condition :)

So now for the photos, at the minute it's standard other then model deletion. Just fresh in the post today are;

Mtec Cosmos Blue bulbs,
S3 Chrome Grill,
H+R 10mm and 13mm spacers ready for the front and rear.

The car is filthy at the minute, so this thread will be updated with pictures of a clean car, with the S3 grill and spacers on tomorrow...hopefully :)

Enjoy!

IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

IMAG0259-1.jpg

IMAG0253-2.jpg

Reactions: Paullie
so jelious mine comes in tomorrow. then i should get some better pics just hope its ready by next weekend

Lovely car mate, got some nice bits to go on too. You got any other chrome bits planned? as currently its quite a stealthy look you have goin on!

Lovely car mate, got some nice bits to go on too. You got any other chrome bits planned? as currently its quite a stealthy look you have goin on!

Yes mate, the only other piece of chrome going on the front is chrome fog rings as soon as I can find someone who wants black optic ones instead of chrome as they can't be bought separate :(
I had the 'black stealth' car in the form of my old Leon FR, let me find a picture....

29112009191.jpg

But this time I'm not after that, more OEM :) Can't wait to get the S3 grill on tomorrow, get some fog rings and then eventually the LED Bi-Xenons :)

Thanks for the comments lads!

Car look great. :hubbahubba:

Please take some before and after photos of the spacers. Might be interested in a set.

Looks good mate, the LED Bi - Xenons mod sounds expensive, is it?

will look tidy with the new grill and the spacers installed man get some pics up once its done , im guessing its a easy mod not like the older gen 8p2 S3 grill as its smaller than the s-line grill

Yeah, I'll get some before and afters of the grill and spacers.

The grill fits straight on, a mate is coming round to help me with the bumper so I don't damage any paint on it :)

Thanks for the post with the rings! But I'm sure someone who has changed their S3 grill to Black Optics version would like to have my black fog rings, so I'll keep a look out :)

chappy anything i should look out for on mine?

I've got the same model only a sb and I changed my grill for an s3 one last month really easy mod did it on my own and only took me about 2 hours taking my time and it looks amazing I love it all I did was peel the S3 badge off and replaced it with an original S Line badge.

I'd be interested to see how the new bulbs look when fitted do you have a link to were you got them,I've changed my DRL lights with the led ones on the groupbuy on here but now my main lights look really yellow so need to replace them with something whiter

I'd be interested to see how the new bulbs look when fitted do you have a link to were you got them,I've changed my DRL lights with the led ones on the groupbuy on here but now my main lights look really yellow so need to replace them with something whiter

are drl's not led?

i dont get it they are xenon but not led is that right ? will my 08 be the same ?

i dont get it they are xenon but not led is that right ? will my 08 be the same ?

No mate mine are halogen h7 main beam bulbs with DRL at the bottom of head light not xenon with the led strip over the top of headlight.
Not sure on yours is it a 58 plate or newer facelift model?

Cars with Bi-Xenon headlamps like yours Nally have LED DRLs, cars with halogen headlamps have halogen DRLs :)

Thanks for the kind words guys, the spacers are on and look perfect! Makes the arches look very full, just need it lowering now so if anyone has spares springs after upgrading to collies, be sure to PM me :)

Next up is the bulbs and grill, decided to do the bulbs while the bumper is off as they're a PITA to get too!
Stay tuned!

good find dude well done im sure it will come in handy for those looking for the chrome rings

Cheers, altho I have purchased some it wasn't me who initially found them, another forum member - Paullie.

Next up, Grill and Mtec bulbs;

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg
IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

and before you say, the S3 badge on the front will be changed for an S-Line one!

Currently in talks with Bugsy to get some chrome rings which will really set off I think :)
Rear windows will be tinted in around 3 weeks time, I'll also be getting pressed plates and wind deflectors sorted.

Any comments welcome.

very nice mod there mate!

personally i think wind deflectors look horrid - they give your car an outdated look imo, so dont got for them unless you really love them lol

Yes, I'm on the hunt for some springs, even if they are ones people are getting rid of because they've bought coilovers :)

I'll try and get a picture in the dark of the bulbs, but they look spot on and only £12 from ebay!
I quite like wind deflectors, has anyone got any pictures?

Yes, I'm on the hunt for some springs, even if they are ones people are getting rid of because they've bought coilovers :)

I'll try and get a picture in the dark of the bulbs, but they look spot on and only £12 from ebay!
I quite like wind deflectors, has anyone got any pictures?

cheers i'm looking for replacement bulbs for mine

Oh and looking very nice so far fella good work

Yes, the bulbs are Mtec Cosmos Blue mate, I'm about to pop out so I'll let you know what they're like. They are 55w but give the impression of 100w some how? :uhm:

looks the bussiness ( mines not here ) look at my thread :sorry:

btw forgot to say love the spacers. just hope you dont go through tyres now

Car looks absolutely spot on, Dan! Loving everything you've done so far, ..really looks the BIZ!! I had M-Tec bulbs on my last car and loved them. I don't think wind deflectors look so bad, unless they are the old fashioned square'd off ones that stick out like a sore thumb. Since you asked about them, here's a pic of mine wearing its wind deflectors. Think they look pretty subtle and totally do what it says on the tin, lol. :wub: xx

017-3.jpg

Thanks Paula :)

I do like the look of them, and will probably get some! My main thing now is to get some lowering springs, I think it'll sit well :)

Thanks Paula :)

I do like the look of them, and will probably get some! My main thing now is to get some lowering springs, I think it'll sit well :)

Sure will, Dan. A little drop will make a big difference! :wub: xx

Dropping it will indeed make a difference!

I'll probably keep the car for a year and a half or so then look at getting a runabout so I can get some serious money saved, trouble is, I've been looking at the B6 S4s :wub:
The insurance is stupidly cheap when I turn 21 and a decent one can be had for around £6-7k!

I'd also like to introduce a new baby member to family....

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't a bargain! It's my mum's new car to replace her GTI as she's looking to retire soon.

This A1 has every option on it apart from heated, folding mirrors and full leather with the sports seats.

Bi-Xenons with headlamp washers,
Bluetooth,
BOSE,
Sat Nav,
18" Alloys,
Heated Seats,
Panoramic Sunroof,
LED interior lighting pack,
S-Line styling pack,
Parking Sensors,
Rain Sensor,
Light Sensor,
Privacy Glass,
Comfort Pack,
Model deletion ..... to name a few extras haha. This specced up brand new December last year would have been just over £25k, she got it for the bargain of £16995 with 8300 miles. To say she's pleased is an understatement haha