Service already??

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
I bought my car on 18th Feb 2011 - the service book says that it was serviced on 16th Feb 2011, which ties in with what the garage told me. It has the longlife box ticked and yet today, I get the service message on the DIS...

Surely that cant be right? How can I get this sorted?

Take it back to the garage - they forgot to reset the service interval after they'd serviced it !!

Presumably it's a VAG garage and they have VCDS or equivalent to reset it ?

Take it back to the garage - they forgot to reset the service interval after they'd serviced it !!

Presumably it's a VAG garage and they have VCDS or equivalent to reset it ?

It is a VAG garage but almost 100 miles from me! Would any VAG garage reset it for me, or is it frowned upon?

Have a look in the VCDS user map section of the forum for someone near you who will help.

Where are you based as someone reading this could offer assistance ?

It's a couple of minutes job to reset.

Oil change due, forget the long life oil changes anyway and stick with the 10k change.
Mine has two notifications, one for service and one for oil change. if you pull the trip reset it says oil change due xxx but after a few seconds it changes to service due and that is at 20k.

Oil change due, forget the long life oil changes anyway and stick with the 10k change.
Mine has two notifications, one for service and one for oil change. if you pull the trip reset it says oil change due xxx but after a few seconds it changes to service due and that is at 20k.

I dont think mine tells me two different readings, when I pull out the trip reset now it just says service overdue by xx. And before that it only ever told me the service expiration in miles and days.

So should I have it fully serviced then even though it has only been 6 months? Obviously I will get the oil changed as that goes without saying but is that all I need? It was last serviced at 38k and it is now reading 48k.

Its being booked in for the cambelt and waterpump next month anyway as its just hit 5 years old.