S3 Solar orange pic request

TimJK

Reaction score
My Solar Orange S3 is going into the body shop next week.

Looking at ideas if anyone has any pictures.

Going to be spraying the rear diffuser and the grey lip bit under the grille in matte black.

But wandered if anyone has any pics of this done..

or any other ideas, doing the grille is way to much hassle, but would love all the grilles gloss black and then diffuser and front lip bit to be all gloss.

Dont do matt black, it will look terrible when dirty, been there got tshirt, I revised mine to gloss because it looked so shyte when matt.

Agree. with NHN there mate. matte paint will hold dirt and look terrible. Gloss black all the way or even a gloss aluminium silver would look nice

Any pictures of yours before and after, the hassle of doing the grilles is so much though and keying them up so it doesn't flake off will be a pain.

I found one pic on here of them all in gloss black, but on a white s3, someone pleeeeeease i want some pics?

I think I will get them in gloss though!

I'm not sure about the combo, there's a solar orange S3 round these parts with black bonnet/roof etc and I'm not a big fan.

I'm not sure about the combo, there's a solar orange S3 round these parts with black bonnet/roof etc and I'm not a big fan.

I wouldn't go that far, just want all the plastics to be the same colour, i won't be doing bonnet, roof, wheels wing mirrors or anything like that black.

Well seeing as now one else has done it.its down to you to be the first :) TBH i think only an anorak would notice anyway

Ok... well here are the first pictures of a solar orange s3 with gloss black grilles, front lip and rear diffuser!
6155528081_e354af9323.jpg

6156088986_5773149712.jpg

6155551805_999f34441e.jpg

You'll be needing some MY11s next, right? The back look far better with the black diffuser.

The grille is black...

And yeah really would like some my11 lights now!

The b pillar trims will be gloss black too soon.

Paint work cost £480

£480 to paint both those parts?! Bit expensive but does look good need an optic grille the chrome and black clash. Do you have a optic grille on now?

£480 for front and rear bumper, bonnet, wings, side skirts, grilles, diffuser is cheap!

nope that was taken yesterday, don't want an optic grille, would look terrible all in gloss black.

Tim the solar orange grill in gloss black wth optic surround looks sick, seen a few & its one colour I'd love to have, you sure you dont want lol.

Looks great mate.
Love the gloss black.

I tend to agree with the comments about optics grill, think it will look good.

diffuser does look good black!! iv currently got grille and rings bottom section of bumper and wingmirros gloss black and now going turn my attention to the to the rear. diffuser and rings but i carnt decide what to do with the S3 badge?

diffuser does look good black!! iv currently got grille and rings bottom section of bumper and wingmirros gloss black and now going turn my attention to the to the rear. diffuser and rings but i carnt decide what to do with the S3 badge?

Dont do the S3 badge be too much over kill! Get some photos up of the front end :happy: